A snappy fun flying trainer jet

Agreed, a fun aircraft to fly! Nice shot.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Nice looking plane Rick!

I assume you found it in our downloads section?

Michael

Not on this site's library. I found it on Simviation, FSX - Military page 10. File name t45-1.zip by Rodolpho Valery

When you download, it will spit out about 15 different liveries from different countries! I whittled my choice down to 2 aircraft as that will be plenty to get my "blood pumping!" I did replace the panel with the one I have for my F-16's as it is very user friendly and saves me the aggravation of learning something new! You will enjoy this download, it's a great flier and pleasant to look at!

Rick

Edited by Downwind66

Thanks guys for the nice comments! Thought some on this forum might enjoy flying this "bad motor scooter!" It's kind of like taking your T-bucket or

classic muscle car out on a Saturday night. Things start out a little slow and conservative and then you start to get crazy with the burnouts and showing off your machine! I do like it, chose the simple, no armaments (not planning on starting any wars), just a compact little "stick of dynamite" to get the "blood pumpin!" LOL! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

This is the one I have and it's in the Library!

FSX - FSX Modern Military FSX(A): Boeing/BAE T-45C Goshawk V2.83

[ Download | View ]

Name: t45cv283.zip

Size: 160,793,066 Date: 04-07-2016 Downloads: 1,943

t45cv2832.gif

t45cv283.gif

fbq1.giffcq1.gif FSX(A): Boeing/BAE T-45C Goshawk V2.83. Fully compatible with PREPAR3D v2.x and v3.x. The T45C Goshawk is a heavily modified version of the BAE Hawk single engine jet trainer, adapted to aircraft carrier ops. This package contains an entirely new visual model, with self shadowing, bump mapping and hi-res textures, working virtual cockpit, 3D gauges and reasonably accurate flight model. Includes custom HUD by Jivko "Neutrino" Rusev and Scott Printz, sound package by Serge "fsxnavypilot" Lsa. Designed by Dino Cattaneo.

[TABLE=align: center] [TR=bgcolor: #EFEFEF] [TD]

[/TD] [TD]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Okay, I missed that one, for sure! Thanks Charlie. Can't go wrong with a Dino Cattaneo download!

It's probably just as well anyway, Charlie! Your download shows FSX (A) which probably means acceleration which I don't have loaded. Also, the basic download is 160.7mb which turns into 694mb if you were to keep the entire package. My download had about 15 liveries, I whittled the count down to 2 and right now I only have 38.9mb devoted to this download. I have to admit, Cattaneo has some nice texture liveries in his download. Oh well! I'm enjoying what I have (for now)! :rolleyes:

It's probably just as well anyway, Charlie! Your download shows FSX (A) which probably means acceleration which I don't have loaded. Also, the basic download is 160.7mb which turns into 694mb if you were to keep the entire package. My download had about 15 liveries, I whittled the count down to 2 and right now I only have 38.9mb devoted to this download. I have to admit, Cattaneo has some nice texture liveries in his download. Oh well! I'm enjoying what I have (for now)! :rolleyes:

I never let the FSX (A) bother me. It usually works fine, except I know you are reluctant to install SP2. I normally whittle multi-liveries down to 1.

A quick jaunt in the marine version!

Marine T45C.JPG

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

i never let the fsx (a) bother me. It usually works fine, except i know you are reluctant to install sp2. I normally whittle multi-liveries down to 1.

[attach=config]209428[/attach]

NOW YOU'RE TALKING!!!;):cool:

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I never let the FSX (A) bother me. It usually works fine, except I know you are reluctant to install SP2. I normally whittle multi-liveries down to 1.

"1" is a good number, but, I saw an Indian Navy livery in a gun metal blue that I kind of liked. I figured, why not, if I grow tired of looking at it and not using it, I can always delete it. Yes, I couldn't believe how many texture/liveries that came with the download, Navy with/without armament, Marines with/without armament, Swiss, Italian. Moroco, Saudi............... and the list goes on! "2" was more than I needed. I do like the way this bird performs!

AND, everything seems to work!

mrzippy's one effectively is looking good! (usually Simviation may be on par with those on Flightsim but I mostly know their freeware other than war jet planes)
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Thanks all for the nice comments!

Larry, this bird is all about getting the blood pumping. I have F4's, F-14, F-15 and F-16's, all are real performers, but this little guy is like a "Little

Dynamite Stick!" When you power up the N1, you better start paying attention, as it gets to 200 KIAS in no time. I used to use about 93-95% N1, but that is too much power, too soon. I am now spooling up to about 85-90% N1, easing it off the ground early and that seems to be helping control this "bad boy!"

Yes, it is a lot different, but it has been a real challenge. I flew it this morning from Jacksonville, FL to Pensacola and back, no issues at all. Flew like a champ AND everything works! Had 2 nice landings (145 KIAS and hold it off the runway as long as you can) greased both of them! I really am glad I came across this download, as I was just looking thru the Warbirds to see if anything new was being offered! It's definitely a "keeper!"

Here's the second livery I chose with the download, an Indian Navy aircraft. I like the color as I have a Lockheed PV-2 Harpoon in a similiar paint. It's different!

2019-4-29_17-36-46-65.jpg

Thanks Larry! - Rick :cool:

Edited by Downwind66

...(145 KIAS and hold it off the runway as long as you can) greased both of them!

Bear in mind, the Navy/Marine Corps don't "grease" landings. Even when landing on shore stations, they get the correct AOA set for the current weight, get the descent rate set at about 700 FPM, which makes the AOA correct, and make fine adjustments in power to keep the AC aimed at the touchdown point on the runway. Mostly use the V V on the HUD, and "meatball" on the boat, or beside the runway, to ensure they're aimed correctly. Then they fly the plane down onto the runway. No flare, no floating, touchdown should be right about 700 FPM. A "firm" placement of the mains onto the runway. I can't speak from personal experience, but there's a running "joke" that they're told, from their first landing in flight school, that if they flare a landing, they'll be court martialed. True or not, makes a lot of sense.

This keeps them in practise for trapping aboard a boat. Let's face it, that's they're main job, after all. It makes sure, using the AOA, that the hook touches the deck an instant before the mains. Too soon, or too high an AOA, too slow a speed for the weight, and the wire will catch with the plane still in flight, and slam it onto the deck. Very not good!.

Too low an AOA (too fast, or flared and floating) and the hook will skip the wires entirely, forcing a go-around, or "bolter". Also not good, as it will get another plane in the pattern for the Air Boss to deal with, disrupting the fine timing of a carrier pattern, possibly cause a need for a mid-air refuel, increase the stress on the pilot a great deal above what it already is just for a trap on a carrier, and so on.

The Meatball sets the glide slope to ensure they are aimed to catch the #3 wire, the correct wire for a good carrier trap.

Nothing wrong with landing this wonderful little firecracker as you like, but if you plan of practising to trap aboard a carrier, just thought you might like to break a "bad" habit pattern before it can really get firmly entrenched.

How's that for a big word of the day?? :D

Have fun!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D