Missing vc panel

Ralphhome

It could be that you'll need to copy and paste the default Airbus VC into the project airbus Model folder, along with the textures, and check that there's an entry for it in the model.cfg file too:

Open the default Airbus A321 folder and then open the Model folder. Copy the file "Airbus_A321_interior.mdl".

Open the Project Airbus folder and then open the Model folder. Paste the file "Airbus_A321_interior.mdl".

Open the model.cfg file with Notepad and check that the last line reads "interior=Airbus_A321_interior". If not, copy and paste in from here.

You'll also need the default VC textures.

Open the default Airbus A321 folder and then open the Texture folder - the one without .2, .3 or .4 in the filename. Copy the file "A321_Interior_T.dds".

Open the Project Airbus folder and then open the Texture folder, or if there isn't one, the Texture folder you'd like the VC to show up in. Paste the file "A321_Interior_T.dds" into this and any other Texture folder you want to have the VC.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks, but why all the references to 'VC'? From the description to the panel.cfg and the aircraft.cfg. There's even a 'panel.vc' folder.

How about a link to your download, or at least, a filename if it's in the library here!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks, all, for taking all that trouble. Maybe I should stick with the default.

If you would have given a link or filename, it would have been figured out for you!:confused:

It could be that you'll need to copy and paste the default Airbus VC into the project airbus Model folder, along with the textures, and check that there's an entry for it in the model.cfg file too:

Open the default Airbus A321 folder and then open the Model folder. Copy the file "Airbus_A321_interior.mdl".

Open the Project Airbus folder and then open the Model folder. Paste the file "Airbus_A321_interior.mdl".

Open the model.cfg file with Notepad and check that the last line reads "interior=Airbus_A321_interior". If not, copy and paste in from here.

You'll also need the default VC textures.

Open the default Airbus A321 folder and then open the Texture folder - the one without .2, .3 or .4 in the filename. Copy the file "A321_Interior_T.dds".

Open the Project Airbus folder and then open the Texture folder, or if there isn't one, the Texture folder you'd like the VC to show up in. Paste the file "A321_Interior_T.dds" into this and any other Texture folder you want to have the VC.

There is no need to copy any model files or textures, you can do it using only cfg files to alias all the files needed to add the VC from one aircraft to another. So lets start with the interior model, to alias the default A321 interior model add the following to the model.cfg:

interior=..\..\Airbus_A321\Model\Airbus_A321_interior

Now to alias the textures needed for the VC, open any of the default aircraft texture folders & there should be a texture.cfg file, copy one of these to place you can edit it, open it & change the data to this:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\Airbus_A321\texture

fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

One of these texture.cfg files should be added to all of texture folders of the aircraft you are adding the VC.

For the panel, this only needs to be aliased to the default panel folder using a panel.cfg file, no need to copy the whole folder, the panel.cfg file to alias the default A321 panel should look like this:

[fltsim]

alias=Airbus_A321/panel

The final thing that you may need to do is adjust the "eyepoint =" under the [Views] section in the aircraft.cfg, this adjusts the position of the VC in relation to where it is viewed from, if you can't see the the VC when you first try it, the VC is probably behind you & will need to be brought foward by changing the "eyepoint =" 1st entry & the 3rd entry to adjust the vertical position.

I hope this is of some help & I have not gone off topic too much.

Edited by PAULCRAIG

Please give filename.zip of what you downloaded. And what site you got it from. That would make it easier (/possible) to give accurate advice.

I have been saying that from the start! I guess it's a big secret....shhh! don't tell anyone!:rolleyes: