Piglet's T-33 landing light anomaly

Gentlemen, I'm using FSX-A boxed and 98% of all other aircraft models work fine.

I found Tim Conrad's T-33 updated by Bob Chicilo here on FS.com. This plane is like a couple of well worn, comfortable sneakers. I love using it and it does the job nicely. It's a very endearing model with both 2D and VC. There is an anomaly that I can't figure out. The landing and taxi light switches do not stay in the "on" position when the gear is down. I first thought that because in the ac.cfg, the light type was incorrect. So I changed it to be type 5 for landing and type 6 for taxi. I ensured I have a legitimate fx_landing and fx_taxi effect in the Effect folder. I've seen this setup work, once. I reloaded the aircraft to reposition to another airport, lights don't work either with switch or momentarily with Ctrl-L. I'm really puzzled.. Any ideas??? The file name here at FS.com is " t-33aupx.zip" . Thank you for any and all assistance.

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

I've tested one of the two Tim Conrad T-33's updated by Mark Rooks, tr-612_t33.zip, and the landing and taxi lights (on the nosewheel leg) are working fine. The paint schemes from 7-33aupx.zip should transfer over easily if you prefer them.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Tim, thank you for the HU. Mark's version is a little more dated, but as you pointed out, the lighting does work well. Between the two versions, I think I can make a very desirable, cross country flyer.

Thank you.. for the info.. I appreciate it..

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro