What is the folder size of FSX in your drive?

nrios

My FSX Steam folder with addons is about 50 GB . That is after removing ORBX sceneries (the ORBX library slowed down the loading of FSX), installing freemesh for California, a couple of payware planes, freeware AI, and a few freeware replacement textures.

For those who have other flight sims installed, how does it generally compare to the folder sizes in X-Plane 11 and FSX Steam?

Thank you.

Mine's 214 GB, but don't tell my wife! :o

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I have 90.8 GB Mine's bigger than yours!:eek::)

Every time I see you help somebody, you INSTALL yet another airplane to see if you can fix it. I would think yours would be double :)

My FSX folder is on my D:\ drive @ 199 GB, plus the separate global mesh folder @ 23.2 GB, plus 10 support folders (Ultimate Traffic Live, EditVoicePack XL, etc) in the C:\Program Files totaling 3.3 GB

Do I win the biggest eWeener prize?

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Last I checked, about 55 GB. I have it automatically backup any changes on computer boot up to the other HDD. Then I took the folder and compressed it in a 7Z archive which to my amazement was reduced down to about 15 GB. I then burned that file to a 50 GB rewritable Blu-ray disk. And I intend to do that at least once every 6 months or so. I also have my FSX folder backed up to an external HDD stored in a fireproof safe. Then I back up other stuff on external HDDs and optical media all stored in my two fireproof safes. I intend on buying another fireproof safe because I have a lot of other stuff I'd like for safe keeping.

I even clone my computers to external HDDs and they too are in the safe.

Fireproof safes are only about $35 so it would be foolish not to own one for your house deed, social security card, and other important things. The specific safes I have are meant for electronics. They also mention that the contents in a safe can get moist if there's a fire so they say place your items in plastic bags, etc.

376GB and still growing............
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

I just read an email flyer for ORBX scenery for a US Washington scenery for X-Plane that has a huge HDD footprint. No doubt the size for FSX will be similar.

The screen shots are incredible as is the requirement for the HD resolution scenery: around 210 GB. That is scenery for just one area. I'm not complaining, it is the price of progress. But it looks like we are looking at terabyte territory next year.

Price of progress $$$ :mad:

They raised the bar too high for my pocket book, HDD space and I would really hate to try to download such a huge section at a time. Looks like EACH section is about $40.00 US so IF they ever offered a TRU EARTH line to just complete the USA alone would cost about $40.00 x 50 = $2,000.00!

Actually wish ORBX would finish what they started with the GLOBAL product line. South America openLC was released in what 2017. What happen to the rest of the world?

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Price of progress $$$ :mad:

They raised the bar too high for my pocket book, HDD space and I would really hate to try to download such a huge section at a time. Looks like EACH section is about $40.00 US so IF they ever offered a TRU EARTH line to just complete the USA alone would cost about $40.00 x 50 = $2,000.00!

Actually wish ORBX would finish what they started with the GLOBAL product line. South America openLC was released in what 2017. What happen to the rest of the world?

Time moves on. Suggest revisiting the ORBX web site and their Roadmap for 2019 thread:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/164884-orbx-2019-roadmap-231-screenshots/

and recalibrate your expectations to the New Reality of Virtual expectation... No South America OpenLC but there will be some interesting developments for the region!

THANKS for the link Malcott!

Correction , openLC South America - FSX was released (and I have installed) back in 2017.

Really looking forward to openLC Africa - FSX/P3D (Q1 2019)

and this question with promise...

Any plans for other openLC regions?

We had a roadmap 5 years ago which we still intend to complete eventually. Asia would be next.

NICE!

Also Global Buildings HD - FSX/P3D (Early Release 2019) should be a excellent upgrade

openLC are Land Class for ORBX Global products. Currently there are openLC Europe, openLC North America, and openLC South America. Designed for Global Base and Global Vector.

@dogdish, the landclass products are designed for ORBX sceneries. But can ORBX landclass products be used independently without using other ORBX add-ons? Thanks.

This is from a openLC readme...

Orbx FTX Global Base Pack is also required for full functionality.

FTX Global openLC is specifically designed for FTX Global BASE, and calls many textures only found in that product. Attempting to use openLC with default textures or other third party texture products is not supported and will lead to unpredictable results.

ORBX has a 50% off sale right now BTW until June 1st, 2019