Thread: Should I always start FSX in non-window'ed mode?

Default Should I always start FSX in non-window'ed mode?

In FSX Steam, it seems like it always starts minimized on the task bar and I have to keep pressing button combinations to play with it. I'm thinking because it was in windowed mode when I quit FSX the last time I used it. Some addons work in windowed mode only. Do I really need to be on non-window mode when I exit FSX Steam?

Quote Originally Posted by nrios View Post
    In FSX Steam, it seems like it always starts minimized on the task bar and I have to keep pressing button combinations to play with it. I'm thinking because it was in windowed mode when I quit FSX the last time I used it. Some addons work in windowed mode only. Do I really need to be on non-window mode when I exit FSX Steam?
    Only if you don't want to have to goof around with it the next time!
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

@Mr Zippy, I can't believe you are running FSX in WinXP with just 2 Gig of RAM either. Why? Are you a minimalist? Are you using any addons at all?

Quote Originally Posted by nrios View Post
    @Mr Zippy, I can't believe you are running FSX in WinXP with just 2 Gig of RAM either. Why? Are you a minimalist? Are you using any addons at all?
    It's the computer I have! FSX runs well. Many, many addon aircraft...some even payware! Tons of photoreal scenery from Bluesky and many addon airports. I don't watch framerates, I look for the smoothest operation.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Blog Entries

IIRC, FSX defaults initially to full screen, but I'm pretty sure it writes the ending state (full or windowed) and resomes that way when closed normally. I personally find the 2d to 3d switching lag when changing from flight to menu or to another application to be very annoying. Full-screen also screws with multi-screen operations and now that I don't have a second screen, I need the sim to leave room for a narrow slice of Plan-G, Discord or Join FS also. Yes, a bit crowded though I'm NOT going for the immersion but for the multi-player company.

Loyd
    Hooked since FS4... now flying:
    self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;
    quiet, fast and cool running.
    Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;
    Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games
    A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners