How are other scenery designers doing since ORBX came along?

nrios

I like Pacific scenery from...

https://islandsim.com/store-412268.html

Philippines is awesome

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

ORBX has a following, but there are plenty of payware and freeware sceneries available to supplement FSX or FSX + GEX + UTX, which is what I run. I have about 500 add on sceneries in North America, Caribbean, and Europe. Plenty of places to go, things to see, people to meet :)

I was reading your computer that you have for your simulator and i'm just wondering why you are not using Windows 10? I have a similar system that i just built for my sim. I have the Gigabyte X99P-SLI, I7 8700K Processor, Corsair Hydro Series H100i RGB Platinum SE 240 cooling system, EVGA GTX 980 TI Video Card, 2 500gig M.2 Hard Drives, 16gig DDR-4 Ram, M.2 WiFi Card, 1000W Power Supply, Sound Blaster Sub & Speaker System and a 32X DVD Drive. With Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, Saitek Cessna Rudder Peddles, 2 Saitek Throttle Units, Saitek Trim Wheel with Saitek Switch Panel, 2 Saitek Radio's and the Saitek Auto Pilot Panel. All running on Windows 10 Pro 64

I am hoping the stuff i built my system with will run the sim fairly well as i'm kinda new at this thing. I fly real planes and just started with the sim stuff.

I’d say they’re doing just fine. To get full coverage by ORBX is expensive for what amounts to better auto gen and some detailed tiny airstrips.

Whereas I can buy UTX and GEX much cheaper and get similar scenery, minus the airstrips which I personally wouldn’t use anyway.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

I’d say they’re doing just fine. To get full coverage by ORBX is expensive for what amounts to better auto gen and some detailed tiny airstrips.

Whereas I can buy UTX and GEX much cheaper and get similar scenery, minus the airstrips which I personally wouldn’t use anyway.

I agree with your response. But the detailed tiny airstrips are my favorites! I'm an old chopper guy and small GA aircraft fan. So I love the tiny airstrips! I seldom use a larger one unless I'm on a "trip" going someplace. So yes, I've probably blown more money on ORBX scenery than I'd ever want my wife to know about! :o:p;)

Rupert

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I agree with your response. But the detailed tiny airstrips are my favorites! I'm an old chopper guy and small GA aircraft fan. So I love the tiny airstrips! I seldom use a larger one unless I'm on a "trip" going someplace. So yes, I've probably blown more money on ORBX scenery than I'd ever want my wife to know about! :o:p;)

Rupert

I get it. And I’m a jet guy: Private and airliners. So for me, those tiny detailed strips I can do without.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

I was reading your computer that you have for your simulator and i'm just wondering why you are not using Windows 10?

Since I'm the only one with posted specs, I guess you were asking me.

I built this rig before Windows 10 even came out. Installed FSX with lots of enhancement software (FSUIPC4, DX10 Fixer, etc.) Payware and Freeware aircraft, ORBX and other scenery. Not to mention all the Steam Powered games and old favorites (UT III, etc.)

I use to install Windows Updates regularly, then Microsoft started trying to shove Windows 10 on everybody. So I no longer install updates because I'm afraid Microsoft is trying to sabotage Windows 7. Works fine as is.

When Prepar3D v5 comes out I'll build another rig and WILL use Windows 10.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro