Is it worth uploading stuff here.

old_wombat

Well the oncologist has given me four months, so it's now or never. Ive got years of repaints, all my own work. Qantas and Royal Flying Doctor. For many of the default planes, plus a few others. And a few original sceneries. Is it worth while uploading these?
Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Hi Steve, mate that's terrible news - I really hope they've got it wrong. The library here is by far the best place for all things FS2004, and whatever you'd like to share with us will be very much appreciated.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Well the oncologist has given me four months, so it's now or never. Ive got years of repaints, all my own work. Qantas and Royal Flying Doctor. For many of the default planes, plus a few others. And a few original sceneries. Is it worth while uploading these?

Very sorry and upsetting to hear this... Wow. Like most others, cancer has greatly affected my family. I send you my most positive energy. May you gain strength within.

To your point, I'd share everything, so that your energy and love for this hobby continues through others. All of you work is important.

May you gain strength in every way, sir. ✈

Bests,

Edited by jh1144

HP Pavilion Premium Gaming Desktop, Intel i5-7400 Processor, 8gb RAM, 1TB HDD, 3GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 Graphics, Bluetooth, HDMI, Windows 7

Sorry to hear this. I've had many family members with cancer and it sucks ^&%#@! I lost my cousin in 2016 to that s__. I generally feel saddened to hear this. Cancer really sucks and I hope perhaps with the better understanding of DNA we can cure and/or prevent it.

I would indeed upload your stuff here and perhaps also Avsim as well as a sort of immortality of your work for others to use all across the world. I've done the same thing with my basic upgraded airports and I see other sites have downloaded my files and are hosting them as well. So my files are all over with my name and website.

l33FebI.gif

Edited by DominicS
Little edit on the language

Let us hope the doctors are wrong (when I was ten my father was given six months to live, when I was twenty-seven he passed away ...after enjoying his fishing, vegetable garden, cigarettes, and boilermakers the entire time), but by all means share your files.

Dear Steve,

We have life and then, in a blink, a new life we will never understand until that time.

What you have, files, scenery files, things related to flight simming are far more than that for many who enjoy what is in fact, more than a hobby. What you have is history. Many of us approach flight simming asking ourselves a question. "I wonder is there a better representation of this, or that out there or can I create what I want to see and share it. That is the big thing, to share what you have created.

Please , share your work, your creations. As I say, it is history.

Mark from Adelaide.

Thank you for your contributions to this forum over the years. Your files would be eagerly welcomed by this community. Sorry to hear of your situation, praying for you.

- bernie

p.s. no need to call me Capt folks, Capt Flappers is just a name my wife teases me with because of my flight sim obsession. :o