Do You Want To Break This Record In Real Life or on FSX?

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Here is the photo of the plane flying NON STOP for 64 days, 22 hours, 19 minutes, and 5 seconds. That is how long the Cessna 172 flew without landing from December 1958 to February 1959. The two pilots refueled from a truck and slept in shifts on a single mattress.

Do any of you want to break this record in real life or on FSX?

fxs.jpg

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Here is the photo of the plane flying NON STOP for 64 days, 22 hours, 19 minutes, and 5 seconds. That is how long the Cessna 172 flew without landing from December 1958 to February 1959. The two pilots refueled from a truck and slept in shifts on a single mattress.

Do any of you want to break this record in real life or on FSX?

fxs.jpg

Regards,

Aharon

I love that photo. I actually think that a person trying to break the record with FS might find it hard to get along with the other pilot for that long. For some reason, it seems to me that the reality of doing it in a real plane would focus the pilots and boost their determination to complete the task. Another thing I am thinking is, what if a sim pilot is sitting there, thinking "I could pause this for 30 seconds and be able to bring back the ice cream from the freezer." It seems like it would actually make it harder that way.

Sean

'Glichy' controls or switches and don't want to pay for new ones? Read on... You can bring a controller back to life by exercising it through it's full range of motion or from maximum to minimum and back again 50 times. I had a Logitech joystick that gave left rudder without touching it but turning it 50X fixed it.

Well how be. Out of KLAS. I fly there all the time in the Sim and when I lived in California I have been to Vegas a number of times having never stepped foot in the airport there.

Perhaps I should try the feat of a 64 + day straight flight in the Sim myself. I could do it on my own I'm sure, but if I were to go the VATSIM route then I'd need a copilot. I'm almost certain my Comp will handle it. I think... LOL

Anyway, this non stop 64 day event actually happened. The plane is now in museum in airport as seen on this link: https://news3lv.com/features/video-vault/video-vault-plane-in-record-breaking-flight-remains-at-mccarran-as-a-piece-of-history

Here is another information on this flight: https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2008/march/01/endurance-test-circa-1958

a59a823cb6d602d9.jpg

CQwL8Nm.png

Certainly it actually happened. I've known about it for many years.

Here's a link to a picture of the first aerial refueling in 1923, between a pair of Army DH-4Bs: https://disciplesofflight.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Curtiss_Robin_St_Louis_1929.jpg It stayed aloft for more than 37 hours.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!