A321 Long Haul San Diego to Portland, Maine

Leaving out early morning

fsscr001.jpg

fsscr002.jpg

fsscr003.jpg

About an hour to destination, I found out the range of the A 321 is what I thought. (FS unlimited fuel option saves the day)

fsscr009.jpg

Approach and Landing

fsscr010.jpg

fsscr011.jpg

Reported 200' overcast, very limited visibility. Broke out right at minimums

fsscr012.jpg

fsscr013.jpg

fsscr014.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David - That is a long haul! Very nice pics, looks cold in Portland!

Rick :cool:

Not sure how cold it was when I landed. Definitely a foggy day!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A fine flight to Portland David. I like the foul weather approach and the NW A-321. :) :cool: :cool:

Thanks Larry. It definitely adds interest to FSX!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I like your wing view with the grey clouds....:cool::cool::cool: Great flight again :)

Thank you very much!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah! It was a Airbus fuel-test flight :):)

On the other hand, that foggy approach is great!

Big time fuel test flight! I finally took a look at the range of the A-321, 3,697 miles (5,950 km). Air miles from San Diego, CA to Portland, Maine 3,149 miles (5,068 km) I figure at 33,000 ft at normal cruise and a tailwind for most of the flight, I should have arrived with enough to spare. Granted I don't have the performance charts for an A-321 to see based on all the factors (included weight) what the actual range for those conditions would be.

It was a fun flight and fun approach anyway!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Albeit the result of complicated computation, I think FS allows for a about accurate fuel consumption. Fuel flow is a value tunable inside the aircraft. cfg, or fuel reservoirs, and even some aircraft weight

Attaching those passages used in aircraft.cfg (text file; normally virus-free): weight, fuel flow.txt

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Albeit the result of complicated computation, I think FS allows for a about accurate fuel consumption. Fuel flow is a value tunable inside the aircraft. cfg, or fuel reservoirs, and even some aircraft weight

Attaching those passages used in aircraft.cfg (text file; normally virus-free): [ATTACH]209361[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the suggestion. I try to avoid messing with the .cfg file as much as possible. I would probably make the aircraft blow up somehow :rolleyes:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's just a question of trying! :):) One makes changes by increments and one checks how that works.

And above all, always make a backup copy of the aircraft.cfg file, and work with a copy. That allows to be back to something working, in case when

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

It's just a question of trying! :):) One makes changes by increments and one checks how that works.

And above all, always make a backup copy of the aircraft.cfg file, and work with a copy. That allows to be back to something working, in case when

Thanks much. I may end up giving it a shot one day!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great shots and an epic flight!!

And yes, were it not for the "simulation" part of flight simming, neither Jan nor I would still be alive today!! Fuel? Who needs fuel!!?? Just hit the unlimited button. :rolleyes:

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Great shots and an epic flight!!

And yes, were it not for the "simulation" part of flight simming, neither Jan nor I would still be alive today!! Fuel? Who needs fuel!!?? Just hit the unlimited button. :rolleyes:

Michael

Thank you so much!

I won’t mention how many times I’ve bent an aircraft in the sim. I only post my most epic. :rolleyes: Say yes to unlimited fuel!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]