Plan-G: Failed data installation

waterman46

Plan-G add-on was recommended to me so I downloaded it, installed and read the ReadMe.txt. The problem is in loading the database. I have tried this a few times and no luck. I enter the paths to the FSX Scenery.cfg and the fsx.exe program, as requested by the installer and I know they are correct. The Plan-G data installer runs a couple seconds, something flashes on the screen and goes away, and nothing is added to the map.

I have attached the log file, and it does seem to show that nothing has been found (see all the zeroes), but does not indicate why. I tried to register on the Plan-G forum, which obviously would be a better place to resolve this, but I never receive the Activation e-mails that are supposedly sent out, after several tries. Not in my inbox or junk mail folders.

Plan-G_Log.txt

Don't forget, the Scenery.cfg it wants is NOT the reserve, installation file stored in the root FSX folder. It needs the active, actually in-use, file contained in the folder C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\FSX

Hope this is some help...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Easy way to tell if the Scenery.cfg file you found is the "in-use" file: Pick any add-on scenery you like, and add it into you sim's Scenery Library, as normal. Once you've added it, and you can see it showing up in the Scenery library's listing, close the sim. Open up the Scenery.cfg file you suspect of being the active file. Scan through it for the name you just added to the Library. If it's there, anyplace, yes, that's the right Scenery.cfg file.

If it's NOT there, that aint it :D

Look through your directories until you DO find the active file, then use that path for Plan G. You will most likely need to set the folders to Show Hidden Files and Folders or you won't see it anywhere. You won't even see the folder it's in, most likely.

Good luck!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D