Create short cut for Spot View mode.

PEIRascal

I am looking for a shortcut key assignment or a way creating a key assignment for the Outside Spot View.

I can find the shortcut for locked spot view (F11 I think), but no luck finding one for the free spot view. I can switch to it in the menu drop down - view mode - outside - spot. But cannot find reference to in any of the documents I have to assign it to a key or button..

I am also using the paid version of FSUIPC but cannot find a way to set it in there either.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

You said '(F11 I think)' so you must not have the complete listing for commands. Get it for best simming. It's 'FSXcmds.zip' here at library and pring it out to one (8 1/2x11 or Letter) page.

There you will find that F11 is indeed ''Locked Spot View'. Then you use the 'A' key to cycle thru views 'in that category'. You could assign F12 to be Spot View instead of Top-Down View. You can also assign you joystick buttons to 'A' (view next in category) and to 'S' (view next category). That is what I do.

When I am in Locked Spot View I press the 'A' key (joystick button) and get (a) Fly By (b) Top Down © Spot View and (d) back to Locked Spot View. I don't use Spot View because it has 'latency' (movement) which I don't like. I changed Spot View to look at AC from a certain angle (adjustable with joystick) that will stay at that angle even if the AC is banking, or climbing, or whatever. You can spend a whole WEEK looking at all the possibilities concerning 'VIEWS'. Lots of options. Have a nice one.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Thanks Napamule,

Cannot seem to locate the FSXcmds.zip file in the library.

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

Thanks Napamule,

Cannot seem to locate the FSXcmds.zip file in the library.

Found it, just had to change the name a little.

Thanks again.

I NEVER use F11 or F12. I use joystick button (not a lever but a press/toggle 'switch') to change views. Why reach with left hand when the right hand already is on the joystick? I use S and Shift+S a lot too, especially when I am recording with FSRecorder as it uses the F keys for it's own purpose. So, I dump the F keys and use A and S mapped to joy toggle switches. That is what I do, but hey, do it the hard way if you want. I alway try to make my 'simming life' easier if I can. Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Changed the name to ......... would be nice to know.

The filename is: fsx_keyb.zip in the library here.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Changed the name to ......... would be nice to know.

I see someone else answered this for you.

Hal,

I am running Steam edition: Shift+F9 and Shift+F11 as well as Control+(all 12 F-keys) are un-assigned by default so you can freely use any of these to hotkey cameras. Aces/Microsoft NAMED the first 4 camera views based on their default camera assignments (thus needlessly complicating this whole thing.)

In the default state, newly installed...

The first Camera view is associated with F9; if we press F9 we see the VC. This happens because the First Camera View triggers the display of whatever Camera definition (in the cameras.cfg) has the "HOTKEYSELECT=1 in its parameters. The connection is between Camera View 1 and hotkeyselect 1. Naming camera 1 "Virtual Cockpit (shortcut)" is an accurate representation only in the default state.

The third Camera view is associated with F11; if you press F11 you see the Locked spot view. This happens because the Third Camera view triggers whatever Camera Definition has the HOTKEYSELECT=3 in it's parameters. Again, the connection is between Camera View 3 and hotkeyselect 3 and NOT the words "locked spot view". You see the Locked Spot ONLY while that hotkey 3 is in that definition.

NOW, IF I MOVE THAT HOTKEYSELECT=3 LINE TO THE SPOT VIEW DEFINITION (camera definition 3) THEN WHEN I PRESS F11, I'LL SEE THE SPOTVIEW. That line in the settings will still say "Locked Spot View (shortcut)" but that is just a label that was ill advised. You see where this is going? you have additional camera views that are unassigned that can be assigned as you wish.

I added a HOTKEYSELECT=5 at the bottom of my Flyby Camera definition. In the setting>buttons and keys> I assigned the key combo Control+5 to the Vew Camera 5 (shortcut). When I press Control+5 my view switches to the Flyby Camera. The settings list will never say "flyby" but it will always connect camera view 5 to the Flyby definition and the Ctrl+5 keys.

You can move the hotkeyselect 3 to the "Spot view" or you can add a new hotkeyselect=5 to your "Spot" definition and assign whatever key/keycombo you want. I haven't had any luck yet with camera view 0 so you can probably only hotkey 9 camera views.

This whole camera/hotkey thing works well but it has confused me for over a decade. I'm glad I finally had a reason to sit down and get it clarified in my own mind.

Best wishes going forward.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Thanks Lloyd,

That is exactly what I figured out after a bit on work in the camera cfg file. And it is a great explanation for anyone else that wishes to accomplish the same effect.

And this after forgetting which copy to work on. First few attempts gave no result, then the light went on. Edit the working copy not the backup copy. Funny how you forget this when you are not editing .cfg files very often.

Happy Easter.

Hal