Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Create short cut for Spot View mode.

Default Create short cut for Spot View mode.

I am looking for a shortcut key assignment or a way creating a key assignment for the Outside Spot View.

I can find the shortcut for locked spot view (F11 I think), but no luck finding one for the free spot view. I can switch to it in the menu drop down - view mode - outside - spot. But cannot find reference to in any of the documents I have to assign it to a key or button..

I am also using the paid version of FSUIPC but cannot find a way to set it in there either.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Hal

You said '(F11 I think)' so you must not have the complete listing for commands. Get it for best simming. It's 'FSXcmds.zip' here at library and pring it out to one (8 1/2x11 or Letter) page.

There you will find that F11 is indeed ''Locked Spot View'. Then you use the 'A' key to cycle thru views 'in that category'. You could assign F12 to be Spot View instead of Top-Down View. You can also assign you joystick buttons to 'A' (view next in category) and to 'S' (view next category). That is what I do.

When I am in Locked Spot View I press the 'A' key (joystick button) and get (a) Fly By (b) Top Down (c) Spot View and (d) back to Locked Spot View. I don't use Spot View because it has 'latency' (movement) which I don't like. I changed Spot View to look at AC from a certain angle (adjustable with joystick) that will stay at that angle even if the AC is banking, or climbing, or whatever. You can spend a whole WEEK looking at all the possibilities concerning 'VIEWS'. Lots of options. Have a nice one.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D. FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Thanks Napamule,

Cannot seem to locate the FSXcmds.zip file in the library.

Quote Originally Posted by PEIRascal View Post
    Thanks Napamule,

Cannot seem to locate the FSXcmds.zip file in the library.
    Found it, just had to change the name a little.

Thanks again.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PEIRascal View Post
    Found it, just had to change the name a little.

Thanks again.
    Changed the name to ......... would be nice to know.

Change F11 to `Spot View` rather than `Locked Spot View`.

Issue will be gone!

7. Default

fsxkypml.zip

I NEVER use F11 or F12. I use joystick button (not a lever but a press/toggle 'switch') to change views. Why reach with left hand when the right hand already is on the joystick? I use S and Shift+S a lot too, especially when I am recording with FSRecorder as it uses the F keys for it's own purpose. So, I dump the F keys and use A and S mapped to joy toggle switches. That is what I do, but hey, do it the hard way if you want. I alway try to make my 'simming life' easier if I can. Cheers.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D. FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Quote Originally Posted by anaismith View Post
    The filename is: fsx_keyb.zip in the library here.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by anaismith View Post
    I see someone else answered this for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast