Memories: FSD Berlin DC-4 FS2002 (FSX)

Long time ago: This dc-4 was state of the art back in the days of FS2002. There were numerous repaints available and this ACE-Freighter was my favourite. Flight Simulator Design Berlin made some real beauties. There's a small glitch on the front of wings, but I loved to see it working in FSX Acceleration.

FSX Gold Edition incl. Acceleration

Freeware FS2002 DC-4 by FS Design Berlin with the great Ace Freighters livery

Freeware FSX Edinburgh Airport scenery

Freeware Drzewiecki grass textures

Freeware HDE-V2 clouds

Please click on the pics to enlarge:

Take-off from Edinburgh in Scotland:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Thanks for looking at this old Icon

GREETS!! :)

Edited by peer01
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very nice pics Jan! I especially like the sunset pics, really adds a touch to the aircraft pic! You sound like you are really fond of this aircraft! I know I have enjoyed my DC4 as it is about as stable and predictable as it could possibly be, AND, everything works!

Enjoy Jan! Rick :cool:

Awesome looking shots!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome back Michael! I love it! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

Hey Rick! If this thrown together rig continues to operate, I hope to be around much more than I have recently! This "build your own box" concept gets more difficult every time I try it! It's probably more to do with the age of the "Builder" than the issues with the box!! :o:o

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I hear that Michael! I like Tim Wright's saying, "The older I get, the better I was....."

But now, Michael, this build should last you a good while!

Enjoy! Rick :cool:

God knows, I hope your are right!! The last several years of my career I designed computers and programs for commercial use.

This computer is for my enjoyment only! And yes, as a nineteen sixties and seventies commercial and military pilot, if I can't have fun with a "sim," what else could I do??!!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

That's what this is all about for most of us, Michael, we do it because it's fun and enjoyment for us! And for those of us that have learned this sport thru real world aviation, it allows us to keep enjoying it and the price is right! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

And yes, as a nineteen sixties and seventies commercial and military pilot, if I can't have fun with a "sim," what else could I do??!!

Just hang around terrains, aerial meetings, and so on. Never know what opportunity you can get!

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Thanks for the comments my friends! Adam: You don't see any dings because of my amazing skills. I hope your will do as expected Michael! I also have the L-10 and the Cessna Skymaster from FSD Berlin. Their Electra L-10 just has been updated to FSX and P3D. https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=70706913&page=4 4th Item on this page. Edited by peer01
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]