Near Crater Lake Or.

I really like the first one!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Michael - So far your upgrade is really paying off for you! Pics are great! Now you have to create your signature to showcase what you have for your flight sim set-up! I9, that is way beyond what most of us will ever be able to have in our arsenal!

Good job, Michael, we are patiently waiting for more pics!

Rick :cool:

Beautiful scenery in your set!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Don't catch the meaning of 'Bragware,' but your pics are fine. Normal with a rig which could journey you to Mars :):)

Hi There!! I hope you remember you still owe me a case of Margaux!

"Bragware" is a term I use for people who "Brag" about how wonderful their system is, how fast their frame rate is, etc. My question is and has always been, what does the amount you/I spend at any given time have to do with the experience of others

Just for the information of friends and those who I deal with on a regular basis, I included the info of my current rig for those who might care in my "signature" for about a day. As I hope they can use my experience to make there experience better.

BTW: Since I don't want to "brag" about anything I own or have done, I have just eliminated that info from my "signature." ;) If you want or need details of my rig, I'll be so happy to provide it on a one to one basis!

IMHO, we are all who we are at this and every other time of our life! Where anyone else is isn't a matter we should be concerned about!;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Gee, Michael,

that area looks familiar for some reason. I can't seem to place it, though. Hmmmmmm....

OH YEAH!! I remember now!

I live there!!

Gosh, I wonder how I could forget that :D

Very nice pic's, Michael. Thanks for the great post!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I have my “Bragware” in my signature for two reasons: 1. I like to have it there in case of an FSX issue that may need resolution in a support forum. I’m too lazy to have to type the stuff or copy and paste it. 2. If someone wonders what I use for scenery and such they can always know. However I understand your point. :D

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Bragware" is a term I use for people who "Brag" about how wonderful their system is, how fast their frame rate is, etc. My question is and has always been, what does the amount you/I spend at any given time have to do with the experience of others.

I agree that some people present their system specs as a form of self-aggrandizement but my understanding is that the original intent of posting such information was to avoid answering requests about it. When we post screen caps there are inevitable questions about what we are running to achieve those results. My system is at least six year old technology and there is certainly nothing there to brag about. However it might be helpful for those with limited resources to gauge what can be accomplished with various levels of hardware. I also only use my signature once in posts I create and never when replying to others as it seems presumptuous to do so. Just my thoughts, as usual. -- Bob

Edited by azzaro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

I agree that some people present their system specs as a form of self-aggrandizement but my understanding is that the original intent of posting such information was to avoid answering requests about it. When we post screen caps there are inevitable questions about what we are running to achieve those results. My system is at least six year old technology and there is certainly nothing there to brag about. However it might be helpful for those with limited resources to gauge what can be accomplished with various levels of hardware. I also only use my signature once in posts I create and never when replying to others as it seems presumptuous to do so. Just my thoughts, as usual. -- Bob

That makes sense.:)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also agree. Giving one's rig specs, and also, like Peer, I and other do, the freewares, paywares used, on a post by post basis, is in any case of use for rookies -- or not so rookies :) -- who get some useful hints. Thence they can adjust their practice! That's a way I think, of keeping with the original spirit of FSX :pilot:
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Also agree. Giving one's rig specs, and also, like Peer, I and other do, the freewares, paywares used, on a post by post basis, is in any case of use for rookies -- or not so rookies :) -- who get some useful hints. Thence they can adjust their practice! That's a way I think, of keeping with the original spirit of FSX :pilot:

Hey guys! I do understand your points! And they are good ones as well!! Having said that, you're not the braggarts I was referring to. It's the folks who say I get X FPS etc., that I was writing about. What good is 60fps or other specs that have no useful value except to brag about them?

I know a guy who owns a super hot Porsche which he says will do 180mph. Yet he's never driven it fast enough to get a ticket on the highway and won't take to to a track for a "track session!" Hell, IMHO, since he is too scared to use his car as it was designed to be used, he'd be better off driving a Chevy Volt and putting that excess money into a retirement fund or perhaps help feed and clothe the hugely needy!

Regarding your points, I'll go in and update my signature in case there is anyone out there it might help decide what they want in their rig.

Michael

Gee, Michael,

that area looks familiar for some reason. I can't seem to place it, though. Hmmmmmm....

OH YEAH!! I remember now!

I live there!!

Gosh, I wonder how I could forget that :D

Very nice pic's, Michael. Thanks for the great post!

Pat☺

Hey Pat! If it weren't for you and Ms Ghost I would have gone there RW last year, or was it two? Thanks so much for your wonderful hospitality! I really enjoyed my time in Oregon.

BTW: I have some more Crater Lake Screenies I'll publish soon.

Michael

Hey Pat! If it weren't for you and Ms Ghost I would have gone there RW last year, or was it two? Thanks so much for your wonderful hospitality! I really enjoyed my time in Oregon.

BTW: I have some more Crater Lake Screenies I'll publish soon.

Michael

Dumb typo mistake. The corrected sentence should say "Hey Pat! If it weren't for you and Ms Ghost I wouldn't have gone there RW last year, or was it two?

Dumb typo mistake. The corrected sentence should say "Hey Pat! If it weren't for you and Ms Ghost I wouldn't have gone there RW last year, or was it two?

Yes, even powerful machines won't stop "Dumb typo mistakes!" rolleyes: They will, however, create them, occasionally!

Rick :cool: