Poor definition in FSX Steam

No, not a 'feature' but a result of unoptimized settings or underpowered machine. FSX configures itself based on the computer specifications it detects.

Check your display settings; in the aircraft tab, make sure the High Res' cockpit is checked.

Make sure in your display settings that you have your monitor's recommended resolution selected; Trilinear or anisotropic filtering; Global texture slider max; framerate target at 24 or 30 - then see how it looks and how it runs. Look for smooth display; ignore the actual fps.

good luck

Loyd

Edited by llivaudais

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

If it does not have a graphics card then that's the cause of the low def image. (if you have just HdGraphics ( is part of the Cpu and gives a display output) then that's not good enough for gaming. You'll need a separate graphics card installed.)
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Never give up , FSX is worth the effort to get it to work for you .

The problem is a miss match between " win 10 " and " FSX " , Microsoft have changed various underlying aspects that result in older programs such as FSX not showing up properly .

There are various threads that attempt to address these issues , but most are poorly written and often lack step by step procedures to address the fixes .

I have been unable to find a single comprehensive thread that that covers the subject of installing FSX in win 10 .

It's a shame because that is a problem for many trying to use FSX and get it to work correctly .

Your issue is a " scaling problem " , see the following link .

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15078/windows-make-older-programs-compatible

Cheers

Karol

As this is related to a Win 10 install it may be that you are missing some important essential 'libraries'.

Basically FSX-SE is the same as the boxed version of FSX Deluxe with the Acceleration addon pack. It has been tweaked by Dovetail to include most of the common tweaks that would normally be added manually to the boxed version and looking at the basic system requirements they are exactly the same as those of the boxed version. There are a number of early OS based 'libraries' that are needed by the boxed version and I am not sure if they are automatically provided as part of the FSX-SE package. They are, however, missing from a default vanilla install of Win 10.

See my post #4 in this THREAD for possible fixes....

Regards

Brian

I'm having what I presume are scaling problems myself in a new system with win 10 and boxed FSX Gold + acceleration.

My problems are not as bad as the OP's are , I have a panel that makes use of Glass style instruments , some of the text characters a reasonably clear while other text mainly smaller text is difficult or impossible to read and some has black shadowing .

Some of the problems are difficult to nail down , to me it is as if it's haunted .

I suspect it will take me a couple of months to get it working as it should .

It's difficult to provide screenshots as the screenshot scale here at this forum is too small to display high detail images .

Cheers

Karol