Help!!!

halaywi

I am new to flight simulators. I purchased a joystick and downloaded FSX Demo, FlightGear, and X-Plane 11, but was advised to stick with only one. But I can't seem to find any single one that provides good instructions for a beginner and just playing around with the joystick does not work well at all. FSX says to go to http://www.flightsimulatorx.com to learn more but that link produces

“We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found. The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer available.”

Can someone advise me how to proceed to learn successfully? Which simulator is best with the best instructions? Perhaps instead of the joystick I should get the Logitech G Saitek PRO Flight Yoke System and try to work things out myself with that? Please help! Thanks!!!

I knew nothing when I started and learned everything from FS Learning Center and by doing the flying lessons. This may not be in the FSX demo but is in the full game.

From there, internet and forums will then continue to take you as far as you wish to go.

Mark Daniels

The built in learning center in FSX is, as Mark said, a good place to start. In addition, I'd suggest you look below at the Real Aviation Tutorials & FAQs section of the forum, under Basic Aircraft Control, Maneuvers, and Takeoff and Landing, among other pieces that will help you. Those are responses that were compiled from many years of Q & A on these forums to aid in understanding flying.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Thanks for your advice. I was hoping to learn the basics from the demo before spending money on the full game. How do I get the full game? Do I download it somewhere or must I get a dvd? I see different versions on ebay. Is that a good source, and if so, which version is worthwhile?

When you're on the main forum menu page, where you see headings such as the "General Interest" heading where you found this Newcomer Services section, near the bottom of the page is the "Real World Aviation" heading, where you'll find the Real Aviation Tutorials & FAQs section. Click on that and you'll see what are a series of locked posts, each with one of those titles. There are many others of those that might interest you, too.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

FSX (Steam), imo, is definitely the best for beginners. The learning center is really good. Also search for beginner videos on YouTube. That's how I got started last year... FSX Learning Center + YouTube.
Prepar3d v4: HP Omen Desktop. Intel Core i7-8700K (6 Core, 3.7GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB dedicated GDDR5X), 16GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive, 1TB SSD, 512GB SSD, Windows 10.

You should use only fsx for now. And only the hardware you have.

Start with a default aircraft. Use a slow easy aircraft. And use only that aircraft, untill you know it inside out.

Gauges and such you want to know about you look up on Google. Same with questions about aerodynamics and such.

If after Google searching and reading you still don't understand ask in this forum.

Once you can fly one small plane, try another small plane and use that till you master it.

And so on.

"Learning is repetition."

and

"Rome wasn't built in a day."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]