strange squares on grass

U.Ferrner

Hi fans,

after a long, long time I re-installed fsx again on my PC ( Win 10, 64bit ).

For the file EDNX I needed to install the ORBX files. After starting FSX I realized a lot of strange yellow squares in the area left and right of the runway. I tried to delete them with Instant Scenery 3, but no success.

Has anyone of you an idea how to get these squares out of the scenery?

Thanks in advance ! :-)

best regards

Ulrich Ferner

ednx.jpg

Hi Ulrich,

These yellow squares could be missing objects or textures from a required scenery library - if they're not ORBX files they could be from some other Object Library. From the placement and number of squares, I think they could be patches of long grass.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

No, it isn't an original ORBX airport. The author says he produced an update to an existing FS9-airport, using parts of the ORBX stuff.

By the way: A couple of weeks ago the grass area was clean, no squares, no bugs ......

@ tiger 1962: So I better check with Instant Scenery3 the environment files for these things.

However: FSX -and this airport- looked well and healthy a couple of weeks ago.....

Yes it could be a seasonal texture which only appears in Spring and Summer, such as long grass or wild flowers maybe?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Finally I got this problem solved :-)

In the ORBX folder inside the FSX folder I opened a folder named FTX_EU_GES_05_SCENERY_scenery and deleted 2 files with the ICAO-code " EDNX" . Now I have the airfield as it is supposed to be ( okay, some minor fixes to do concerning hangars and some buildings I want to exchange with own-built Sketchup-objects, but this is another story....)

Thanks to all of you who took the time to give me some hints in this matter !!