turbine temp gauge ?

gypsymoth

I've put a Mooney_Bravo!Turbine Temperature gauge into the panel of Mike Stone's Beech Bonanza which is turbo-charged, but it appears not to work as it does in the FS2004 default Bravo. Can someone tell me why ?I've put a Mooney_Bravo!Turbine Temperature gauge into the panel of Mike Stone's Beech Bonanza which is turbo-charged, but it appears not to work as it does in the FS2004 default Bravo. Can someone tell me why ?

OK, now you made me look at my default Mooney Bravo. It is also turbocharged and has a TIT gauge. (Turbine Inlet Temp). Aircraft.cfg says the engine is turbocharged, but after start up and flying around, the gauge never moves, and this is one the default aircraft. Now to investigate why the turbo ain't got no heat!:confused:

OK, did a 2nd test flight and messed with the mixture control before I took off. Now I got TIT!;)

TIT.JPG

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

A turbo charged engine and a Turbine engine is 2 very different animals. A turbo charged engine is a piston engine with a turbo system that inducts more air into the cylinder via a wastegate. A Turbine is more like a mini jet that is attached to a prop gearbox
Computer, lots of electrical thingys

A turbo charged engine and a Turbine engine is 2 very different animals. A turbo charged engine is a piston engine with a turbo system that inducts more air into the cylinder via a wastegate. A Turbine is more like a mini jet that is attached to a prop gearbox

I agree but in the panel.cfg the gauge is referred to as a Mooney_Bravo!Turbine Temperature. It can be confusing because it's a turbo-charged piston engine not a turboprop.

Both have 6 cylinder turbo charged engines. I took off in the Mooney & continued with a steep incline

& the TIT gauge quickly showed a temperature. Not however in the Bonanza..............

Did you do any mixture adjustment either by a panel knob or CTRL+Shift+F2?

In the Mooney yes. It went up to 15 quite quickly not long ago when I tried it.

Nothing in the Bonanza - I've not quite finished the panel but will try CTRL+Shift+F2 tomorrow.

I was looking at the FS2004 Mike Stone Bonanza download. He is using the panel gauges from a Beech Baron. I would try just copying your panel folder from the Mooney into the Bonanza and see how that works!

I've just tried that ruse. All temperatures increased except TIT.........

I think this is something I'll have to acceot. I'll leave it in the panel because it's part of the set as you can see. I will fiddle with the mixture later today. Watch this space.

grab_056 (800x500).jpg

The fuel mixture may not work if the engine is fuel injected. Check the fuel_metering_type= entry in the aircraft.cfg:

fuel_metering_type=0 //0=Fuel Injected, 1=Gravity Carburetor, 2=Aerobatic Carburetor

If you change the type from 0 to either 1 or 2, the mixture control should work and so should the TIT gauge.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

@Tim

Just checking my Mooney Bravo and the fuel_metering_type=0 (injected) and it has a mixture knob, which works and you can hear the engine stutter if applied too much and the TIT gauge does work.

Weird!:confused:

I have gravity carb, & I added the Mooney_Bravo!Thrust Controls so I can fiddle with the mixture but that gauge doesn't move. Thanks for your help - I do appreciate it, but I'm not going to spend any more time on it. If in another life I have the answer I'll let you know !!

Terry.

Hi Terry,

Don't give up just yet! With thanks to Charlie and Paul, could you also check these entries in your Bonanza aircraft.cfg:

[GeneralEngineData]

engine_type=0 //0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=None, 3=Helo-Turbine, 4=Rocket, 5=Turboprop

[piston_engine]

turbocharged=1 //Is it turbocharged? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE

Both should read as above for the TIT gauge to work.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

OK.....the Bonanza aircraft.cfg has:

[GeneralEngineData] engine_type = 0 [piston_engine] turbocharged=1 which is the same as the Mooney. The Mooney gauge went to 15 quickly but with the Bonanza stayed at 0.

Does it have to enabled in the Bonanza somehow ?

It seems so - I've looked at the Mike Stone bonanza.air file and in the section: 505 Engine CFS+ Piston Engine is the entry "Turbo/Supercharged=FALSE(0)" which should be overridden by the aircraft.cfg turbocharged=1 entry but isn't. It may be worth changing the bonanza.air 505 entry to "Turbo/Supercharged=TRUE(1)" and see if that changes anything.

This could be due to the Mike Stone Bonanza being an FS2002 port-over to FS2004, where some of the old CFS-type .air file entries can't be overridden by the FS2004 aircraft.cfg entries.

I'm off for some shut-eye so will look at this in the morning. BUT one question I have is, how do you look into the airfile to edit it ?

My aircraft cfg has turborchared=1

One of the texts with the aircraft has something about it's for FS2004 & may work in 2002 but isn't

supported ...............

Yes that's because of the FS2004 GPS. To open the .air file you need to download the freeware AirEd utility from the library here.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Good morning Terry,

I've found the culprit - it's in the bonanza.air file and it's in entry 540 Engine EGT. Change the following two values to the figures below:

*EGT Temp Limit (deg R)=2100

*EGT Rate of Change=0.700000

To save these values after changing them, press Enter or Return and then Ctrl+S (Save).

Cheers Terry, you're very welcome :D

Learning about AirEd is really very valuable & if I'd not asked my question I might never have come across it so thanks for that.

I've got all Mike Stone's aircraft in a drive & picked the Piper Comache to have a look at. It lands on runway 10 at FlyTampa's St Barthelemy like a leaf falling from a tree........it's a little beauty.

Cheers.