Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: turbine temp gauge ?

Default turbine temp gauge ?

I've put a Mooney_Bravo!Turbine Temperature gauge into the panel of Mike Stone's Beech Bonanza which is turbo-charged, but it appears not to work as it does in the FS2004 default Bravo. Can someone tell me why ?I've put a Mooney_Bravo!Turbine Temperature gauge into the panel of Mike Stone's Beech Bonanza which is turbo-charged, but it appears not to work as it does in the FS2004 default Bravo. Can someone tell me why ?

In the Mooney Bravo's panel folder, is there a .cab file? If so, try copying it and paste into the Bonanza's panel folder.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

No cab....it's the default MS Money. I installed 8 other engine gauges from the Mooney & they all work.
    Last edited by gypsymoth; 04-17-2019 at 01:09 PM.

OK, now you made me look at my default Mooney Bravo. It is also turbocharged and has a TIT gauge. (Turbine Inlet Temp). Aircraft.cfg says the engine is turbocharged, but after start up and flying around, the gauge never moves, and this is one the default aircraft. Now to investigate why the turbo ain't got no heat!

OK, did a 2nd test flight and messed with the mixture control before I took off. Now I got TIT!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TIT.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	160.8 KB 
ID:	209285
    Last edited by mrzippy; 04-17-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

5. Default

A turbo charged engine and a Turbine engine is 2 very different animals. A turbo charged engine is a piston engine with a turbo system that inducts more air into the cylinder via a wastegate. A Turbine is more like a mini jet that is attached to a prop gearbox

Quote Originally Posted by f18driver View Post
    A turbo charged engine and a Turbine engine is 2 very different animals. A turbo charged engine is a piston engine with a turbo system that inducts more air into the cylinder via a wastegate. A Turbine is more like a mini jet that is attached to a prop gearbox
    I agree but in the panel.cfg the gauge is referred to as a Mooney_Bravo!Turbine Temperature. It can be confusing because it's a turbo-charged piston engine not a turboprop.

Both have 6 cylinder turbo charged engines. I took off in the Mooney & continued with a steep incline
    & the TIT gauge quickly showed a temperature. Not however in the Bonanza..............

Quote Originally Posted by gypsymoth View Post
    Both have 6 cylinder turbo charged engines. I took off in the Mooney & continued with a steep incline
    & the TIT gauge quickly showed a temperature. Not however in the Bonanza..............
    Did you do any mixture adjustment either by a panel knob or CTRL+Shift+F2?

In the Mooney yes. It went up to 15 quite quickly not long ago when I tried it.
    Nothing in the Bonanza - I've not quite finished the panel but will try CTRL+Shift+F2 tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsymoth View Post
    In the Mooney yes. It went up to 15 quite quickly not long ago when I tried it.
    Nothing in the Bonanza - I've not quite finished the panel but will try CTRL+Shift+F2 tomorrow.
    I was looking at the FS2004 Mike Stone Bonanza download. He is using the panel gauges from a Beech Baron. I would try just copying your panel folder from the Mooney into the Bonanza and see how that works!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast