Just one - MD-82

adamb

Hi Adam - Not trying to "rain on your parade!" Your MD-82 Super 80 is very nice indeed! I have the MD-83 and the MD-90 (downloaded off the HJG site and is shown below). Neither aircraft is the Super 80. Do you know what the difference is between the standard variants and the Super 80? Just curious.........

I know the Maddog aircraft are very stable fliers and I probably don't fly mine as much as I should!!

2019-4-17_7-55-19-916.jpg

I know one thing, these aircraft are so long, it's hard to get them into a screenshot! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

Adam - I'm glad you posted your Maddog on this forum. I tried flying mine and had some issues with the panel needing some tweeks! All is good now!

Here's an aerial shot of the MD-90. Doesn't look as large in the air! It is a nice flier!

2019-4-17_13-33-7-368.jpg

Rick :cool:

Edited by Downwind66

Excellent shot Adam!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Looking good!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rick, Jan, Blair, Jason, Larry, David, thank you gents. :)

Rick, The original model marketing name by McDonnell Douglas was the DC-9 Super 80, following on from prior "Super" monikers for the Stretch DC-8. IATA equipment code was D98, as you would find in the OAG and elsewhere. As an earlier operator (not the first, but earlier than others) AA ordered the DC-9-80 and it entered service within a couple of years of the series of DC-10 disasters. "DC"-anything was not a popular term with the flying public at the time, so AA just called it the Super 80 in brochures and the emergency cards, and labeling it so on the aircraft. That name carried on with AA even after McDD officially rebranded the type as the MD80-series. AA literature and Sabre in-house bookings reflected the type S80.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]