Fsx airplane download not appearing in fsx steam

Cjet123

:mad::mad:hello I recently downloaded a aircraft, but after following the direction in the readme file, nothing showed up when I tried to select aircraft in fsx steam. here is the file name if anyone wants to try. Thanks:mad: The file name is called b788_hainan, and you have to go to simvation.com to search for it.

How about you fix the other 3,000 problems you’ve posted about before downloading anything new.

Good day to you.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Hello CJet123,

I don't use the SE version of FSX, I have Boxed (Gold Deluxe) but that should not matter for the purposes of installation for this aircraft. It is only a matter of extracting the zip to a temp folder then Open the folder b788_hainan Copy/Paste the Folder \Boeing7878hainan to your SimObjects\Aircrafts folder. Nothing more to do!!

Its a very simple aircraft install, (Model, Panel, Sound, Texture, Texture B2728_Hainan,) the folder you copy to the Aircrafts folder has everything needed, there are no additional or unusual tasks, other than reading up on the FMC operations manual (supplied).

Ok so I head over to Simviation, download (b788_hainan.zip) 100mb zip. Extract file with 7Zip to a Temp folder, copy Boeing7878hainan to my SimObjects\Aircrafts folder, start FSX, open aircraft selection find in the alpha-numeric B for Boeing then 787 before going past the Blue Angels Boeing FA-18's you will find your (Boeing 787-8 Hainan Airlines B-2728), Make sure you have drop menus(Manufacturer, Publisher, Type, set as "ALL" to show all aircrafts installed and their repaints.

When you select the Hainan B787-8 aircraft you will have several files to add to the [Trusted] section of FSX.cfg please say yes to each dialog at this point, these gauges will be added to the config automatically.

No issues this end, installing or otherwise, had a quick fly, Aircraft behaves ok, should be the same for you.

See pic.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]209225[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]209227[/ATTACH]

Jethrom could you please try downloading and installing this aircraft, the file name is tds_boeing_787-9_hainanairlines_b7880.zip. just search it on Flightsim.com. I got to install on my flight simulator, but for some reason the aircraft makes no sound or it doesn't have a working cockpit. thanks

Hi Cjet123,

tds_boeing_787-9_hainanairlines_b7880.zip

Downloaded installed this aircraft, I find it frustrating with some of these TDS aircraft that although most of the features seem to work, the Sound and Panel is aliased to the FS2004 default b737-400 (Easily corrected if you know how) These must be edited to correspond to the Default FSX B737_800, (using the FSX-P3D folder FSX/P3D versions, in the extracted download zip) you will then have sounds and 2D Panel for the aircraft but still no VC, only a 2D cockpit accessable only by using the FSX menu >Views > View Mode > Cockpit>Cockpit on first load otherwise the keyboard and joystick cycle locks up. I do not like these frustrating features, disappointing dis-functionality, I am not prepared to work at fixing these oversights, and have removed the aircraft from my Sim), it will not find a happy home on my system.

No VC and a dodgy view cycle make it problematic, not only that but there are no install instructions or directions for the secondary Model Panel Sound .air & Aircraft.cfg. (I guessed what to do with them, though it made little difference to making VC function for this model in FSX) it would seem to be a longstanding issue with TDS models and no VC.

Not a download for the novice who require simplicity and concise instruction, sorry to say this one might not be for you. Although the aircraft does appear correctly and seem to function and sound ok in my FSX setup it is also not one I am going to keep or waste any more time on, too much of a fiddler for my liking.

Regarding the TDS models...

If you take the extra step of downloading the latest model files from Facebook, will solve 99% of any issues.

Once that's done, adding any repaints is a breeze.

However most people would rather snivel :rolleyes: about non-working lights, etc. then take a few extra minutes to get updates. Even payware aircraft need model fixes from time to time.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

If you take the extra step of downloading the latest model files from Facebook, will solve 99% of any issues.

However most people would rather snivel :rolleyes: about non-working lights, etc. then take a few extra minutes to get updates. Even payware aircraft need model fixes from time to time.

Faceplant?? Wazzat?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Faceplant?? Wazzat?

AKA Bookface :)

Just don't share any personal information with them and you can always close the account afterwards

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

And the one time I did that, got all the updates, etc, the plane flew like hot garbage. Plus the lights still didn’t work right. And the cockpit had several gauges that didn’t work. TDS: Troublesome Dowloaded Software.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

And the one time I did that, got all the updates, etc, the plane flew like hot garbage. Plus the lights still didn’t work right. And the cockpit had several gauges that didn’t work. TDS: Troublesome Dowloaded Software.

? ? ? ? ? ? ?

TDS HOT GABAGE.jpg

Glad I only said 99%

HHHMMM...I always merge a working VC to them and the gauges all seemed to work.

Well they're always addressing issues that crop up. Perhaps whatever problem you had might now be fixed.

Archived