Why is flying the Zibo 737 so hard?!

rickkanjurmarg

• 1 month later...

It isn't "hard". It is "realistic". Remember that X-Plane uses realistic aerodynamic figurings and it is not a game. It is meant for realism, period.

Not trying to burst your bubble. Keep practicing. Sometime soon, given determination, you will get it.

It isn't "hard". It is "realistic". Remember that X-Plane uses realistic aerodynamic figurings and it is not a game. It is meant for realism, period.

Not trying to burst your bubble. Keep practicing. Sometime soon, given determination, you will get it.

Not a game. LOL!

Hi.

I have 100 hours in FSX with the PMDG 737 and still I can't land the Zibo 737 in X-Plane 11 after flying it for like 34 hours. The hardest part for me is landing. Can anyone provide me with a useful guide on flying this thing?

I have zero time in the heavies in real life and I only use the heavies when I want to play, or someone is asking for input.

Create a 20SM out .sit (situation) 250 KIAS, with about 40% power to practice.

The key / main thing to remember is the on the Glide path / Glide slope over thresh hold speed of ~145 KIAS is required, do Whatever it takes to get there.

Here is some input / a procedure that may help for hand flying:

You will need at least 5 Jstick / KB assignments, Speed brakes, Reverse thrust, Flaps, Throttle, Foot / Manual brakes.

At ~20SM out, 5000 ft. AGL, Power %N1 40, it can take up to 5 min to slow down you may need to reduce power further, at Glide Slope intercept around 200KIAS Flaps down 5 and continue on the GS.

If within 5SM you are not around 160, Speed brakes On, Gear down, get more flaps (10) to plan / get down to around 150, if you need more get below 160 and extend more flaps.

During the short final ~2SM out, target should be around 145, if too slow

When you round out, you hear 100,.. 50 bring the nose / pitch to level attitude, Power Off, and it should settle if you are not too fast. If too fast just wait in that attitude to get slower and touch down, and front / nose gear down, Reverse thrust, and Manual Brakes on.

If you are too fast, 150 or more you will likely not be able to touch down, depending on the rwy length and speed.

It feels like the Speed / air brakes may be over responsive / create too much drag, play with them until you get a feel of it.

It is real fun to read some of these messages about how accurate some people think the XP is. The reality is that the model it produces is still based on look up tables / numbers, it's just a different theory on how they arrive to the numbers, and it can make a pig fly, just like any other sim. One thing is definitive, it's a game, and most of the flight models like the 172, is / are not nearly as accurate as in the other sims, like the FSX, FG..

Hi.

It is real fun to read some of these messages about how accurate some people think the XP is. The reality is that the model it produces is still based on look up tables / numbers, it's just a different theory on how they arrive to the numbers, and it can make a pig fly, just like any other sim. One thing is definitive, it's a game, and most of the flight models like the 172, is / are not nearly as accurate as in the other sims, like the FSX, FG..

Here I was, reading your response, and thinking Wow, for the first time flytv1 isn't going to bash Xplane, but alas, your last paragraph did what you always do, tell everyone just how bad Xplane is.

I have no idea why you continue to hang around in the Xplane forum considering how much you hate the product, wouldn't it be more productive for you (and better for us Xplane users) to hang out in a forum for a sim you like, such as FSX? If not, maybe the forum moderator needs to have a word with you, you really are ruining it for the rest of us...

I think this can be solved by those who've really flown a real life 737, and there's a guy on YouTube called Flightdeck2Sim that does and uses the Zibo mod now. He used to fly in the PMDG, but I guess he likes the Zibo better so perhaps the reason as to why he switched was maybe due to its realism? I don't feel like it now, but anyone can go to his channel and ask and I'm sure he'll tell you why he went Zibo.

I think this can be solved by those who've really flown a real life 737, and there's a guy on YouTube called Flightdeck2Sim that does and uses the Zibo mod now. He used to fly in the PMDG, but I guess he likes the Zibo better so perhaps the reason as to why he switched was maybe due to its realism? I don't feel like it now, but anyone can go to his channel and ask and I'm sure he'll tell you why he went Zibo.

FD2S is a 737 captain in real life, and he states the zibo mod feels more like the real plane than the PMDG model did, specifically in how the plane flies.

At the present, I think there are 7 real life 737 pilots, a 787 captain, and a few other real life pilots helping zibo with the development of the zibo mod 737-800.

I have never used the pmdg model, my understanding is that their model from the systems side is more advanced than the zibo mod, ie: more of the FMC works than currently is available in the zibo mod; zibo is slowly getting everything coded and in place, it will just take a while as he is basically the only programmer for the zibo mod, and anyone who has read the fcom for the B738 knows that the FMS is a massively complex system.

BTW, the zibo mod is completely free, that is worth a mention.

As for Xplane versus Prepare3D versus FSX, etc, etc, yup, might as well argue over Ford versus Chevy versus Dodge...

Google "737 circuits touch and go" and fly some circuits! That's what real pilots do as part of base training, notch up lots of landings quickly. You can find PDFs or images to use to guide you with speed\flap settings and there's a few guides out there.

Get set up in the sim to fly circuits at your favorite airport. Load min fuel, do just the basics in the FMS and do lots of landings over and over.

• 5 weeks later...