AIFP Flight Plans-rejection due to error

svpst

I wanted to try to learn the AIFP program and so downloaded latest version AIFP 3.2.18. I clicked on "Bulk Traffic and then convert FS( file to FSX. I encountered this error message:

Unable to access/open: F\Windows.old\Windows\AppPatch (Could

not find a p part of a path

'F:\Windows.old\Windows\AppPatch\spbin'.)

I got on touch with the author of AIFP who was unable to help me, which thereby eliminates by possibility of creating Flight plans. Anyone encountered this before?

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

The address of the error message look so strange...

What version of FSX (boxed or Steam) and what version of Windows are you using ?

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

That 'Windows.old' looks like you have upgraded Windows or re-installed Windows and/or fixing the original version.

I had that once when I fixed a damaged Windows 7, it created a 'Windows.old' and a lot of files on there were inaccessible, so have you got your flight sim files in the 'old' folder?

There are a number of questions there, I'll try to answer them. I'm using Win10 but I have upgraded in the past. The latest I used before 10 was 7 but its been a couple of years since I got off 7. There is a file on one of my harddrives, F:// called Windows.old and it appears it was created in 2015. I have used FSX-SE for the past several years and have moved it once or twice. The Steam files are on my C:\\ drive but FSX-SE library is on my E:\\ drive. There is no Windows.old on my C:\\. I fear moving it around has probably caused the problem. I had FSX-SE /Steam on my C:\\ but its an SSD and was getting quite full. So I moved it. I have not looked at the site Jorgan has recommended but I will do that now.

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

As Jorgen has highlighted, the Windows.old folder is normally created on the C:\ drive as that is usually the system drive by default on most PCs UNLESS the builder or user has changed the drive assignment. By default, this folder contains details of an older version of Windows previously installed on the PC and should have been deleted automatically at some stage. It may have been placed on the on the F:\ drive at the time of the upgrade it there wasn't enough space to store it on the C:\ drive OR if it was directed to be placed there by the User.

The folder is very unlikely to have any FSX flightplan related files stored there and can be safely deleted - see the following WEB PAGE on how to do so.....

Regards

Brian

Thanks guys, but I went online, followed the instructions how to delete Windows.old. Step by step, 3 times, windows.old in all its glory still lives on my F:\\ drive, even though it tells me its gone. Totally befuddled at this point. Tried AIFP, same message.

Brian W.

After I sent the last message I had a flash and went to look one last place and dam, if it didn't solve the problem. I still have Windows.old on my system but the only files in the folder I have left are "Users" and "program data" which is one airplane file. I ran the program in AIFP and it converted all the files. Thank you for your assistance.

Brian W.

Archived