Saitek Multipanel - AP and ALT flashing. Doesn't appear to be working

yensid

Hi all,

I had a (hopefully) quick question I was hoping someone could help me with. I'm trying to make the switch from FSX to XPlane 11. I currently have a range of Saitek equipment that all look to be working fine after I installed the XPlane plugin from the Saitek/Logitech support site.

The only issue I'm running into currently, is that when I try to set Autopilot to maintain a certain altitude the "AP" and "ALT" buttons begin flashing and the altitude does not appear to be maintained. I also tried testing the AP follow the "heading bug" with no luck either. I have been testing in the default X Plane 11 Cessna with the G1000.

Has anyone run into this issue before? Really appreciate any help and guidance, thanks!

Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz / Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler / G.Skill Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory / EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card / Corsair Professional 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply / Azza Hurrican 2000R ATX Full Tower Case

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

I had a (hopefully) quick question I was hoping someone could help me with. I'm trying to make the switch from FSX to XPlane 11. I currently have a range of Saitek equipment that all look to be working fine after I installed the XPlane plugin from the Saitek/Logitech support site.

The only issue I'm running into currently, is that when I try to set Autopilot to maintain a certain altitude the "AP" and "ALT" buttons begin flashing and the altitude does not appear to be maintained. I also tried testing the AP follow the "heading bug" with no luck either. I have been testing in the default X Plane 11 Cessna with the G1000.

Has anyone run into this issue before? Really appreciate any help and guidance, thanks!

The flashing AP means you have enabled the flight director, you need to turn the servos on to enable the autopilot (press the AP button again on the multi panel). Until the AP light is on steady the AP is not controlling the aircraft. The flashing ALT means you have set an altitude on the multipanel and now need to tell the AP how to get there either by using IAS to maintain the set speed and increase the power to climb/reduce power to descend or use VS to set the rate of climb/descent.

The flashing AP means you have enabled the flight director, you need to turn the servos on to enable the autopilot (press the AP button again on the multi panel). Until the AP light is on steady the AP is not controlling the aircraft. The flashing ALT means you have set an altitude on the multipanel and now need to tell the AP how to get there either by using IAS to maintain the set speed and increase the power to climb/reduce power to descend or use VS to set the rate of climb/descent.

This helps a ton! Thanks for taking the time to answer my question!

Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz / Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler / G.Skill Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory / EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card / Corsair Professional 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply / Azza Hurrican 2000R ATX Full Tower Case