FS KBT P-3C Orion prop feather animation?

retnavycpo

I posted about this on another fight sim forum, and no answers found yet. Maybe someone here might know. On the FS KBT website, I found a screenshot they had posted, clearly showing a P-3 prop feathered. But I am not able to get this to show in P3D. Maybe it isn't possible, but their screenshot sure made me think it was. Oh, and yes I have tried using the keyboard commands for feathering. They do not work; not with this, anyway. NC

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JLpgkitySCe9bog4oukO3Zb95I0xvbGH

Hi, Chief! Fancy seeing you over here;) I don't use P3D but in FSX I am able to use the F2 and F3 keys to feather and unfeather the props while the engines are not running like the one shown in your pic.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi, Chief! Fancy seeing you over here;) I don't use P3D but in FSX I am able to use the F2 and F3 keys to feather and unfeather the props while the engines are not running like the one shown in your pic.

Well thanks for the reply. Doesn't work in P3D. I also have FSX SE. I had the P-3 flying. Tried hitting F-2. Put aircraft on ground, and one prop was feathered, but not able to reduplicate again. This is maddening. Does not make sense.

UPDATE: Ok, HOLDING Ctrl + F2 does feather the props and HOLDING Ctrl + does UN-feather the props, but all at the same time. Is there a way to isolate each engine??

NC

The only way I can think of to have individual feather control would be to Mickey Mouse another throttle console with Prop Levers into the Orion as a popup and control each that way. Now looking again at your pic...whose to say that all props aren't feathered? When a prop is shown spinning, feathered or not, it will look the same. Prop Spin is just a single .dds or .bmp file.

Is there a way to isolate each engine??

Yes, hit E then 1 (quickly) will isolate commands to engine #1. This will impact all commands until you reset to all engines by hitting E then 1-2-3-4.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Yes, hit E then 1 (quickly) will isolate commands to engine #1. This will impact all commands until you reset to all engines by hitting E then 1-2-3-4.

peace,

the Bean

Right on Bean! I tried it yesterday but used the wrong command for feather. In my pic I hit e+2 and then Ctrl+F1 to feather.

p3.JPG

Another quick and dirty way is to pull (click on) the yellow crosshatched "E" handle in the cockpit for the prop you want to feather - in the screenshots Prop #1. I don't have P3D installed but this should also work there.

Pulling the E handle is the method which would be used in the real aircraft to feather a prop in an emergency situation like an engine fire or prop overspeed.

According to the P3C NATOPs Flight Manual this is also the procedure for shutting down an engine to increase loiter time on station by conserving fuel.

Ordinarily the #1 engine is the one used for loiter operations because it doesn't have a generator. Shutting down one of the other engines which have engine driven generators might cause an electrical issue if there was to be a sudden engine failure on one of the remaining engines.

The P3 will fly quite handily on 2 engines and at one time (don't know if it still is) a standard airshow or flight demonstration "Ooooh and Awe" maneuver was to fly by and shut down both engines on the side facing the airshow spectators

P3 EH.jpg

P3.jpg

Another quick and dirty way is to pull (click on) the yellow crosshatched "E" handle in the cockpit for the prop you want to feather - in the screenshots Prop #1. I don't have P3D installed but this should also work there.

Pulling the E handle is the method which would be used in the real aircraft to feather a prop in an emergency situation like an engine fire or prop overspeed.

This also works - I think -haven't looked lately - with the Team KBT Lockheed L188 "Electra" airliner for FSX. The E handles in the Electra aren't cross hatched or numbered but correspond to the same engines.

The Electra was the prototype for the P3 so there are many similarities between the 2 aircraft

Archived