Will my PC run P3D v4 or will I have to upgrade components?

hornetdriver25

Howdy,

I have read both the minimum and recommended system requirements on Lockheeds website, but was wondering if I would have performance issues even though I meet minimum specs?

System specs: AMD FTX 6300 six core processor 3.5 GHz, Video card Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB on board,

Windows 8.1 64 bit and 1 TB on hard drive.

Thanks

System specs: AMD FTX 6300 six core processor 3.5 GHz, Video card Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB on board,

It will run, but I believe your video card will be the weak link. I would recommend a 900-or-plus series GTX card with at least 4 GB of VRAM. If you upgrade the video card be sure to check if your power supply is adequate. Good Luck!

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

Thanks guys, so without breaking the bank for the new components, do you think I would be better off with v3? Also @Luke, I'm not the best with these computer parts specs, are you talking about the Ghz or the amount of cores being weak? Edited by hornetdriver25

I don't know the differences between v3 and v4 other than they are 32- and 64-bit respectively. I have only experience with FSX and P3Dv4. I don't think the six cores will do you much good, since these programs are basically single core dependent, with additional cores only serving certain auxiliary tasks. CPU speed is the most important factor in performance, but 3.5 GHz is not too bad, if it can be overclocked that would help. You should have at least 8 GB of system RAM, but 16 GB would be better. I would definitely go for v4 as this represents the future trend.

What about my GPU, I can't afford the 8gb nvidia cards? Can I go with my card now or is that going to be a problem?

What about my GPU, I can't afford the 8gb nvidia cards? Can I go with my card now or is that going to be a problem?

Sure - that is the only way to find out. Start with minimum graphics settings and gradually move them up to see what is acceptable. Also be aware that your monitor's resolution plays a role in the load on the GPU, 4k monitors are quite demanding. I hope you will find a workable setup.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

• 1 month later...
That AMD is going to be pretty weak as well.

Cheers!

Not sure about that AMD, but with all that 6 cores it looks much better then my old i3 340 :) And I'm still able to sim with it.

Actually, P3D doesn't load processor that much compared to FSX. It loads GPU instead. Until you begin to use traffic...

Not sure about that AMD, but with all that 6 cores it looks much better then my old i3 340 :) And I'm still able to sim with it.

Actually, P3D doesn't load processor that much compared to FSX. It loads GPU instead. Until you begin to use traffic...

But again, serves to highlight how weak the system is, in hornetdrivers case.

Entire new system is what is needed, now.

Or forget P3D v-anything until you've upgraded.