FXRealWX no weather

beroun

Hi,

The FXRealWX download, which I did and do before each flight proceeds normally showing the weather loading to FS and to the airport where I have the aircraft. Also, during flight, I get the usual (green stripe) messages advising the weather update -

BUT there is no wind and clear skies everywhere?? No clouds?

Any ideas what is going wrong, or could it be my sim?

(When I open the previously saved flight with weather the weather shows OK! Just starting a new flight it does not get to sim)

Many thanks for any clue.

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

OK, here we go!

Do you have the latest FSUIPC version for your particular sim installed correctly?

Do you wait until you are in the world, ie: sitting on the runway, ready to go, before you start FSRealWX?

When the FSRealWX window appears, do you click the START button?

Do you wait until it gets done with the downloading of all the various METAR and SYNOP files? And only then click the SET ALL WX button?

Have you tried selecting a different wx Server to download from?

Do you see it say Sending all METARS (xxx of XXX)? Where X and x are the number of METARS...

Just trying to think of possibilities...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hi Pat,

Yes to all except do not know how to select a different WX server? and still no luck. Strangely it started after I downloaded Glacier Bay 1 and 2 scenery. I used the downloader, usually don't! The whole world (as far as I can see is affected) not only Glacier Bay! Just no wind or clouds anywhere! Just now I uninstalled and reinstalled the Real WX still no good.

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Hi Pat again,

actually found the solution after I noted your "Do you wait until you are in the world, ie: sitting on the runway, ready to go".

In the past, and have done this 100s of times, I started RealWX after I selected the flight in the Create Flight section before!! I clicked "FLY NOW". It always worked and the weather showed. NOW it does not.

BUT! if I Create Flight and first open the flight (Fly Now) --- sit on the runway and then!! start RealWX, it loads and shows OK. So the sequence must have changed. I am suspecting this has something to do with the update RealWX did on April 15? Obviously Glacier Bay scenery did not affect it!

MANY! thanks for your input.

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

do not know how to select a different WX server?

First off, I'm glad you got it going :)

As to your Q above, there's an option under the Options menu as to which of three weather servers you want to download from. If you're having trouble with one, just select one of the others. I'm pretty sure it'll also allow you to select a website of your own, entering the HTTP address, but I may be wrong on that.

I am suspecting this has something to do with the update RealWX did on April 15?

I've always done it that way my self, but yes, they may have made it so that now you HAVE to do it that way. My problem is that I don't keep updating all the softwares I use. I get a version that works well for me, I leave it alone. Like the NVidea drivers. I am probably years out of date on that, but the version I use works very nicely on MY PC, so I leave it alone.

Same for FSRealWX. I use FSRealWX Lite. Hasn't been updated in years, but works fine for me, so I leave it alone :D

Anywho, glad you're using it easily now. Enjoy!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived