Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Should they have grounded the Boeing 737 MAX 8?

Quote Originally Posted by Slickrock View Post
    Knowing that the people on whom you depend, or the people whom you support, who are "experts", apparently, are the ones who came up with the "official cause" of TWA flt. 800, as well as John Kennedy Jr.'s Saratoga II incident, I would say that you need a couple of bags of salt. At least.
    "A grain of salt" is supposed to be rather skeptical in itself, so I figured half a shaker would suffice.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

2. Default The thing IS

Quote Originally Posted by TheAviationEnthusiast View Post
    The thing IS, they don't exactly know what caused the Lion Air or Ethiopian Airlines crashes, and even though they think it's MCAS, they don't know for sure. I don't know what to think in terms of if they should've grounded it. I want you guys's opinion on this. Should the world have grounded the Boeing 737 MAX 8?
    TheAviationEnthusiast
    You already stated my opinion on this for me when you started off with your intro with "The thing IS".... So, therefore, you not only did you already provide my opinion for me on this, you have stated a fact as well, haven't you? You could simply carry on your factual observation to the reported 767 crash of Atlas Air flight 3591, couldn't you? What is your "opinion" on Airbus 330 in regards to Qantas flt. 72? I know what mine is, as far as what I call meddling engineering is concerned. By the way, I'm being generous. The actual A330 pilot calls it "psycho" automation. What about the recent Atlas Air flight 3591 crash? You want my opinion on that as well? Here's my opinion: I find it very dubious and hard to believe. To say the very least. What about two plane crashes in Cessna's 414 models where 5 people just happened to be killed in both back to back episodes? Here: "On August 5, 2018, about 1229 Pacific daylight time, a Cessna 414 airplane, N727RP, sustained substantial damage when it impacted the ground in a shopping mall parking lot in Santa Ana, California. The private pilot and four passengers were fatally injured." So about 5 months later you have yet another Cessna 414 crashing in Yorba Linda, practically the exact same Laurel Canyon-ish, SOCAL area, with exactly the same number of people killed in that incident. The N number on that one is N414RS. You saw it on the "news", right? As a side note, so, umm, has SOCAL sort of transformed into the new Bermuda Triangle or something? Or has it always been that way, and everybody goes, ..eh.. So then, should have all Cessna 414A's been restricted from flying?

3. Default

So why are the FBI conducting a criminal investigation into the certification of the 737 Max?

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCRAIG View Post
    So why are the FBI conducting a criminal investigation into the certification of the 737 Max?
    Because it will HAVE to be a organisation able to ask questions of both the FAA and Boeing.
    And expect an answer...

The preliminary report is out. Looks like the pilots did follow the recommended procedures.

http://www.ecaa.gov.et/documents/204...8-d7af1ee17f3e

6. Default

There are 346 reasons why the FAA and Boeing should have grounded this aircraft first.

The fact that Asia and Europe grounded the 737Max first poses a lot of questions that both the FAA and Boeing will have to answer.

Hopefully the FBI investigation will end in criminal prosecutions. Certainly, lawyers for the dead passengers families, as well as the airlines, will be watching the investigation with interest.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    The preliminary report is out. Looks like the pilots did follow the recommended procedures.

http://www.ecaa.gov.et/documents/204...8-d7af1ee17f3e
    I heard on the news that they renabled the MCAS more than once which is something you shouldn't do I guess.
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    I heard on the news that they renabled the MCAS more than once which is something you shouldn't do I guess.
    From reports I read, there was some question whether the pilots did that or the MCAS did it on its own (it shouldn't).

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

The Max 8 is far to be in service. Even if they have FAA approval, they will need the approval
    of many countries transportation bureau to be able to fly in those countries.
    The trust in regard of the competence of US FAA is dead. (For obvious good reasons)
    i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case
    Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5
    Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast