Should they have grounded the Boeing 737 MAX 8?

The preliminary report is out. Looks like the pilots did follow the recommended procedures.

http://www.ecaa.gov.et/documents/20435/0/Preliminary+Report+B737-800MAX+%2C%28ET-AVJ%29.pdf/4c65422d-5e4f-4689-9c58-d7af1ee17f3e

I heard on the news that they renabled the MCAS more than once which is something you shouldn't do I guess.

I heard on the news that they renabled the MCAS more than once which is something you shouldn't do I guess.

From reports I read, there was some question whether the pilots did that or the MCAS did it on its own (it shouldn't).

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

The Max 8 is far to be in service. Even if they have FAA approval, they will need the approval

of many countries transportation bureau to be able to fly in those countries.

The trust in regard of the competence of US FAA is dead. (For obvious good reasons)

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the link to this fascinating account of the 737 Max and its problematic development.

Sadly ironic after all these years of the "if it ain't Boeing, I ain't going" criticisms of Airbus' flight control laws, that Boeing did this, and is in such big trouble..

Sadly ironic after all these years of the "if it ain't Boeing, I ain't going" criticisms of Airbus' flight control laws, that Boeing did this, and is in such big trouble..

I thought that same thing after reading the article.