Good Cessna 172 repaint for FSX??

Hey flight simmers,

I love, and I mean LOVE, the default Cessna 172 in FSX. Realistic cockpit, exterior model, all clickable switches, etc. etc. I could go on and on. The one thing that bothers me though is the tail number design on the default 172. I know it probably doesn't bother everyone, but it bothers me. I love the tail number designs and placements on ACTUAL Cessna 172s. Example:

DSC_8044__54386.1530835662.JPG?c=2&imbypass=on

See the big stylish tail number? Google "Cessna 172" for more pics.

Now look at this:

4990-no-blur-default-172zip-1-before-cessna-172.jpg

Boring, right?

I know the A2A and Carenado 172s have more realistic textures and models for the Cessna 172. But are there any freeware repaints for the default Cessna 172, or freeware models for the Cessna 172 that have big stylish tail numbers? It's just that that's my favorite part about the Cessna 172. I'm sorry, I looked on all the good FSX freeware websites, and I couldn't find any good textures or freeware models.

TheAviationEnthusiast

I've been an experienced FSX player for two years now, and an enthusiast forever. Be sure to check out my blog on here, I blog daily about everything aviation!

Specs: Windows 10, Intel Celeron CPU J1900 1.99 GHz, 1993 Mhz, RAM 4 GB, Intel HD Graphics

Hey flight simmers,

I love, and I mean LOVE, the default Cessna 172 in FSX. Realistic cockpit, exterior model, all clickable switches, etc. etc. I could go on and on. The one thing that bothers me though is the tail number design on the default 172. I know it probably doesn't bother everyone, but it bothers me. I love the tail number designs and placements on ACTUAL Cessna 172s. Example:

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-envp89yl0z/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/194/2083/DSC_8044__54386.1530835662.JPG?c=2&imbypass=on

See the big stylish tail number? Google "Cessna 172" for more pics.

Now look at this:

4990-no-blur-default-172zip-1-before-cessna-172.jpg

Boring, right?

I know the A2A and Carenado 172s have more realistic textures and models for the Cessna 172. But are there any freeware repaints for the default Cessna 172, or freeware models for the Cessna 172 that have big stylish tail numbers? It's just that that's my favorite part about the Cessna 172. I'm sorry, I looked on all the good FSX freeware websites, and I couldn't find any good textures or freeware models.

TheAviationEnthusiast

Nine pages of repaints available in the Flight Sim library alone.

What do you mean `you couldn't find`? How are you going about searching?

`Default Cessna 172` is the best search term, limited to `FSX Addons`.

Nine pages of repaints available in the Flight Sim library alone.

What do you mean `you couldn't find`? How are you going about searching?

`Default Cessna 172` is the best search term, limited to `FSX Addons`.

OMG, I did a search everywhere else but THIS website!!! Call me crazy... I found a ton of repaints here, so ironic since it's on the same website as these forums. Anyway, thanks!! Sorry flightsim.com!!

I've been an experienced FSX player for two years now, and an enthusiast forever. Be sure to check out my blog on here, I blog daily about everything aviation!

Specs: Windows 10, Intel Celeron CPU J1900 1.99 GHz, 1993 Mhz, RAM 4 GB, Intel HD Graphics

Like these?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]208858[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]208859[/ATTACH]

Yes, exactly. Anyway, I found a bunch of repaints here thanks to mallcott.

I would bet that's what the Painter's Workshop is for. Try a request there.;)

Ooh, what's the Painter's Workshop?

This is where you can request special paint jobs for your aircraft.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/forumdisplay.php?53-Painter-s-Workshop

Thanks mrzippy! Will definitely try that out.

Archived