POLL: 2D or VC???

Skywatcher12

2D or VC???  

20 members have voted

1. 1. 2D or VC???

• 2D
    • VC
    • Other

One of the HUGE reasons I will stay with FS9 forever is the many available 2D panel aircraft. Not a VC fan at all.

I am certain VC would top any polls for the newer flight sims.

We of the FS2004 crowd appreciate the fine wine of flight sims.

The results here may be a little more interesting.

What is your preference in FS9?

Mark Daniels

I prefer 2D panels in FS2004, but I also prefer a VC for the other internal views - I don't like photographic or pictorial side-views.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Some well done 3D panels provide a much more immersive feel to the flying experience. I like the Carenado CT210M Centurion II 3D panel, and by default, there is no 2D panel, so came to enjoy using it forcefully. I did feel the need to edit the .bmp to remove all the scratches on the panel.

I'll switch between 2D & 3D while flying the LD-767, but do all of my pre-flighting, takeoff and landing almost exclusively in 2D. Old as it is, the full functionality of the 3D panel still make it fun for other segments of the flight.

Other planes I'll switch back and forth, maybe 70-30 2D over 3D.

Neil :cool:

Archived