Do programs like "FSX Booster Live" and "FSX Fiber Accelerator" actually work?

I have been getting medium-to-slow FPS in FSX, therefore rendering it not-so-smooth. I have been considering getting one of the programs listed in the title, but I wanted to know, do those apps actually work to increase FPS in FSX?

TheAviationEnthusiast

I've been an experienced FSX player for two years now, and an enthusiast forever. Be sure to check out my blog on here, I blog daily about everything aviation!

Specs: Windows 10, Intel Celeron CPU J1900 1.99 GHz, 1993 Mhz, RAM 4 GB, Intel HD Graphics

No.

They can cause serious pc crashes too. If you want to switch off background tasks do it manually. And be very careful about what you are doing.

Actually, you should stop trying to push your pc like this. The hardware is what it is. It's not likely to help one thing. Much more likely that that when you keep messing with your install you mess things up.

Just go flying.

And post more exact specifications then 'Celeron of some sort'. So we can advise.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FYI, I posted my specs in the ways to increase FPS thread. Check it out.

I've been an experienced FSX player for two years now, and an enthusiast forever. Be sure to check out my blog on here, I blog daily about everything aviation!

Specs: Windows 10, Intel Celeron CPU J1900 1.99 GHz, 1993 Mhz, RAM 4 GB, Intel HD Graphics

They have it on simshack.net. Link: https://www.simshack.net/products/fsx-fiber-accelerator-fps-performance-booster-810 You can view my specs in my signature. New, good computer, but not the best processor and graphics card.

I'm not sure about FSX Booster Live, but FSX Fiber Accelerator certainly helped a little on my old system. Not as much as a hardware upgrade, but certainly about a 10-15% increase in performance in problem areas.

Hmm, well that's good to know.

Just out of curiosity reading your sig, have you come from older sims or did you start with FSX?

I started with FSX. Never done FS2004, or P3D, or X11, FSX is my first and only (as of now) flight sim. Thanks for asking though!

I was never into the flight sims before, I was just an enthusiast, but then I tried FSX:SE in 2016, and I was instantly hooked. I love flight simming now! Before I was just into planespotting, YouTube vids, and going on lots of flights. I was never a pilot, and not planning on being one.

I misread the title and thought you meant another program.

Regarding the two you did mean, they won't make your pc any faster.

Your problem is you have an ancient processor and you have no graphic card.

No amount of software will fix that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm definitely figuring on getting a new processor and/or graphics card. It'll be very helpful in the long-term.

Archived