Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do programs like "FSX Booster Live" and "FSX Fiber Accelerator" actually work?

Blog Entries

Default Do programs like "FSX Booster Live" and "FSX Fiber Accelerator" actually work?

I have been getting medium-to-slow FPS in FSX, therefore rendering it not-so-smooth. I have been considering getting one of the programs listed in the title, but I wanted to know, do those apps actually work to increase FPS in FSX?

TheAviationEnthusiast

2. Default

No.

They can cause serious pc crashes too. If you want to switch off background tasks do it manually. And be very careful about what you are doing.

Actually, you should stop trying to push your pc like this. The hardware is what it is. It's not likely to help one thing. Much more likely that that when you keep messing with your install you mess things up.

Just go flying.
    And post more exact specifications then 'Celeron of some sort'. So we can advise.

Blog Entries

Ok, thanks, I won't buy them.

Blog Entries

FYI, I posted my specs in the ways to increase FPS thread. Check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by il88pp View Post
    No.

They can cause serious pc crashes too. If you want to switch off background tasks do it manually. And be very careful about what you are doing.
    Are you speaking from personal experience here? I'm not sure about FSX Booster Live, but FSX Fiber Accelerator certainly helped a little on my old system. Not as much as a hardware upgrade, but certainly about a 10-15% increase in performance in problem areas. If you have an old, slow system then it may help. That said, as far as I know it's now been discontinued so you may struggle to find it.

Blog Entries

They have it on simshack.net. Link: https://www.simshack.net/products/fs...ce-booster-810 You can view my specs in my signature. New, good computer, but not the best processor and graphics card.
    I've been an experienced FSX player for two years now, and an enthusiast forever. Be sure to check out my blog on here, I blog daily about everything aviation!
    Specs: Windows 10, Intel Celeron CPU J1900 1.99 GHz, 1993 Mhz, RAM 4 GB, Intel HD Graphics

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lesh View Post
    I'm not sure about FSX Booster Live, but FSX Fiber Accelerator certainly helped a little on my old system. Not as much as a hardware upgrade, but certainly about a 10-15% increase in performance in problem areas.
    Hmm, well that's good to know.
    I've been an experienced FSX player for two years now, and an enthusiast forever. Be sure to check out my blog on here, I blog daily about everything aviation!
    Specs: Windows 10, Intel Celeron CPU J1900 1.99 GHz, 1993 Mhz, RAM 4 GB, Intel HD Graphics

8. Default

Just out of curiosity reading your sig, have you come from older sims or did you start with FSX?
    Mark Daniels

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    Just out of curiosity reading your sig, have you come from older sims or did you start with FSX?
    I started with FSX. Never done FS2004, or P3D, or X11, FSX is my first and only (as of now) flight sim. Thanks for asking though!

Blog Entries

I was never into the flight sims before, I was just an enthusiast, but then I tried FSX:SE in 2016, and I was instantly hooked. I love flight simming now! Before I was just into planespotting, YouTube vids, and going on lots of flights. I was never a pilot, and not planning on being one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast