Hello new to the forums.

Redline06

Hello all, I am new to the forums and I have a few questions. Im not sure where to post on here, I do not have a PC based simulator, I get time on the sims where I work. I am a sim tech at a training facility and we have Level D Full Flight Sims. Where do I post and am I even in the right place? Thank you and I hope to be able to get info and help from all you folks.

OK, I don't know much about a Level D Full Flight Simulator, but is it something like this?

index.jpeg

Wouldn't all of the flight plans and routes be done by a programmer at a computer who then also acts as your ATC?

Search Youtube for tutorials about FMC use.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi.

Do you mean you would like to also start using your pc at home for playing with and learning from? (And are wondering where to start with that. What game to choose, and which pc and controls like joysticks and such to chose.)

Or do you want only info about aircraft and aircraft systems. Preferably real world info, to use with your level D motion simulator?

(PS: Jealous!:D At my desk sim the only motion happens when I get up to pop some mid flight tatertots in the airfryer.:D)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

These forums are a good place to start to learn how to realistically use a flight sim, even a level d full motion one.

I've been an experienced FSX player for two years now, and an enthusiast forever. Be sure to check out my blog on here, I blog daily about everything aviation!

Specs: Windows 10, Intel Celeron CPU J1900 1.99 GHz, 1993 Mhz, RAM 4 GB, Intel HD Graphics

OK, I don't know much about a Level D Full Flight Simulator, but is it something like this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]208838[/ATTACH]

Wouldn't all of the flight plans and routes be done by a programmer at a computer who then also acts as your ATC?

Search Youtube for tutorials about FMC use.

I guess we'll have to wait for his answers, but I guess that's what he means.

I've been an experienced FSX player for two years now, and an enthusiast forever. Be sure to check out my blog on here, I blog daily about everything aviation!

Specs: Windows 10, Intel Celeron CPU J1900 1.99 GHz, 1993 Mhz, RAM 4 GB, Intel HD Graphics

I guess we'll have to wait for his answers, but I guess that's what he means.

He'll need to explain that. A Level D sim usually requires an additional two or three people for operation, and the cost is substantial.

Heat and power alone can run to hundreds an hour - keeping the hangar lit, and the computers cool means it is not something one can `jump in and go fly`.

Archived