A black wall when using joystick hat switch

connolly44

I use FSX Steam and enjoy flying supersonic aircraft.

Some time ago I downloaded a supersonic aircraft which was only available from FS2004.

It all works beautifully with one exception in that when I move my joystick hat switch to either forward right or forward left all I get is a partial black wall.

I have tried juggling with the views in the aircraft.cfg file but to no avail.

Is there a solution to this?

Many thanks

Frank C

Hello Mr Zippy

This is in the 2D panel (I never use VC). If I move the eyepoint any further back then I cannot totally see out of the side window(s).

I currently have clear views straight ahead and to the left and right. I am only faced with a black wall when looking either forward left or forward right which affects flying (or taxiing) on the turn.....eg. turning from base leg onto final.

The aircraft is the Stratojet Excalibur

Hello Mr Zippy

This is in the 2D panel (I never use VC). If I move the eyepoint any further back then I cannot totally see out of the side window(s).

I currently have clear views straight ahead and to the left and right. I am only faced with a black wall when looking either forward left or forward right which affects flying (or taxiing) on the turn.....eg. turning from base leg onto final.

The aircraft is the Stratojet Excalibur

Well. I'll be go to Hell now in a hand-basket! Never even knew that you could do that in a 2D cockpit with a hat switch! Learn something new everyday! These are the views I get when doing that:

Front

Front.JPG

left 45 degrees

45 degree left.JPG

Full left

full left.JPG

Right

right.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived