Great Site But I Need an Opinion

generalhavoc

I have been flight simming for many, many years! The first was on a Timex Sinclair. Dating me I know! I had developed the love of flying as a kid. My dad was a Lt. Colonel in the USAF for SAC. Fun times! I also possessed my VFR/IFR in real life.

Looking for an opinion and/or some help. One thing that I am seeing that is driving me up the wall is the number of "repaints" in the file library. When you are looking for a specific aircraft and then only find four repaints, it is bothersome. Is this a trend? Is anyone else seeing this as well? An example is that I am looking for the Avro RJ-85. Of the millions of files out there, there are only four and all of them are just repaints. This can be a bit aggravating lol!

Oh well. Vent over!

First, if you are only using the basic search option try the advanced option.

Second, using the advanced option, enter the phrase Avro RJ or Avro RJ-85 into the this exact wording or phrase: field and it will return 400 plus and 26 entries respectfully - this is across all sims but if you use the drop down menu system at the top of the search page you can select/restrict the search to a specific sim.

You can also try searching for BAe 146 - this was the original type name of the aircraft.

A final tip - if you look at the options available you will see an option to Only search these file types - tick the Complete aircraft with model, panel, sound and/or the Aircraft base model from original designer will return results for complete aircraft only. This will allow you to find a base model to install/test and then you can look for associated repaints for the model.

Regards

Brian

Hello generalhavoc

Are not the Avro RJ-85 and the BAe 146 very similar aircraft, if so then there is a PAD (PremierAircraftDesign) BAe 146-100 in the FS file library for FSX/SP2, you will see the blue "B" and yellow "Tick" icons indicating it is both a complete aircraft Model/Texture & a Base model, fully functional although not highly technical, maybe a little simplistic in the cockpit if I remember, some had a cartoonish co-pilot but overall quite a good aircraft with 2D and 3D VC panel in cockpit, external model was also quite good for freeware. PAD website closed its doors some time ago (nolonger updating, I think Bob May died but the site still works for Downloads) many of their aircraft can still be found at sites such as FlightSimLibrary AvsimLibrary FlyAwaySimulation & Simviation.

Here is a single complete BAe 146-100 : https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=69880412

Link fixed: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=150530

Mr Zip I can't seem to get the link up like yours so here's a pic instead

[ATTACH=CONFIG]208781[/ATTACH]

As for repaints, many repaints you will find for the Avro RJ-85 are for the QualityWings payware version, thus you will need that aircraft if you wish to use those repaints. If you want a repaint specifically for the PAD freeware version BAe 146-100 there are a few, if you use (BAe 146) as your search term make sure you use the advanced search option, then search for FSX files only if that's the sim you are using. Many will be FS2004/FSX portovers.

Here is the link to PAD where you may still find all their aircraft D/L's https://www.premaircraft.com/

You can find the aircraft model in the Main Menu "Aircraft" section. Be sure to look in the "Paint Shed" for any repaints for those models.

Note the PAD BAe 146 comes as 100 & 200 series.

Searches can be like that, their either spoiled for choice or sparse at best, or need to be very specific what you are looking for, then know if the model is complete or just a texture and or Freeware or Payware.

Hope this helps a little. signed (Capt Sillywalks):D

Apologies Brian I took too long to type out mostly the same as yours above, except for the PAD stuff, didn't notice you had already posted reply.:o

Here is a single complete BAe 146-100 : https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=69880412

That link gives a file not found. It will work for you, but no one else! I like to do it this way!

FSX - FSX Jetliners FSX United Express BAE 146-100

[ Download | View ]

Name: bae1461_united_x.zip

Size: 12,274,962 Date: 12-30-2011 Downloads: 3,750

bae1461_united_x.gif

fcq1.gif FSX United Express BAE 146-100. The BAE 146 is a regional airliner with four turbofan engines. It first went into production in 1983 and ceased production in 2002 after 387 were produced. Several enlarged and improved versions were introduced during the production run and many are still flying today with airlines and regional carriers world wide. Its good short field performance and quiet operation makes it popular with airlines operating in and out of airports located in or near cities. This model represents a BAE 146-100 operated by Air Wisconsin on behalf of United Express in the 1990's. Full package for FSX/SP2. High definition dds texture set by Ed Wells, model and FD by Premier Aircraft Design.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hello generalhavoc

Are not the Avro RJ-85 and the BAe 146 very similar aircraft, if so then there is a PAD (PremierAircraftDesign) BAe 146-100 in the FS file library for FSX/SP2, you will see the blue "B" and yellow "Tick" icons indicating it is both a complete aircraft Model/Texture & a Base model, fully functional although not highly technical, maybe a little simplistic in the cockpit if I remember, some had a cartoonish co-pilot but overall quite a good aircraft with 2D and 3D VC panel in cockpit, external model was also quite good for freeware. PAD website closed its doors some time ago (nolonger updating, I think Bob May died but the site still works for Downloads) many of their aircraft can still be found at sites such as FlightSimLibrary AvsimLibrary FlyAwaySimulation & Simviation.

As for repaints, many repaints you will find for the Avro RJ-85 are for the QualityWings payware version, thus you will need that aircraft if you wish to use those repaints. If you want a repaint specifically for the PAD freeware version BAe 146-100 there are a few, if you use (BAe 146) as your search term make sure you use the advanced search option, then search for FSX files only if that's the sim you are using. Many will be FS2004/FSX portovers.

Here is the link to PAD where you may still find all their aircraft D/L's https://www.premaircraft.com/

You can find the aircraft model in the Main Menu "Aircraft" section. Be sure to look in the "Paint Shed" for any repaints for those models.

Note the PAD BAe 146 comes as 100 & 200 series.

Searches can be like that, their either spoiled for choice or sparse at best, or need to be very specific what you are looking for, then know if the model is complete or just a texture and or Freeware or Payware.

Hope this helps a little. signed (Capt Sillywalks):D

Apologies Brian I took too long to type out mostly the same as yours above, except for the PAD stuff, didn't notice you had already posted reply.:o

Search should also cover the RJ-100 and RJ-70 versions, for whatever sim you are talking about. Or just ask in the relevant sim forum for the particular aircraft - name the exact original download.

Learning to use the forum and search tools is JUST AS important as any other acquired skill.

Sometimes the repaint download will list what aircarft it's for with a link to that aircraft or its file name in the library. You can try reading the readme file for that download without having to download it.

Sometimes the repaint download will list what aircarft it's for with a link to that aircraft or its file name in the library. You can try reading the readme file for that download without having to download it.

It's easier if the poster NAMES the download, with links.

After all, he wants help from us: No prospect of getting it wrong then.

RJ85 = PAD, Just Flight, Quality Wings and that's just for FSX - and only d/l as user-operable - AI is a whole different ball game. Add in FS2004 and the Jon Murchiso model...

Simply better to be told! :)

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived