Canadair CL415 on the Carrier

Something you don't see every day! :cool:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Something you don't see every day! :cool:

Perhaps not. But it certainly is something anyone could see any day with modifications I could show de Havilland how to do with any part of their DH8B or DH8A fleet. I've always said it. A cruise up to the English channel and fly off to England or France. I doesn't matter to me. Or, head on up to Norway and rendezvous with the Hurtigruten cruise ship and transfer to it and go on to one of the fjords. I can take a picture of that too. :cool:

seacanada.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think not.

It is a prequisite for a carrier-borne aircraft that it be able to operate within the size of the elevator on board.

Neither the CL415 (span 93.11 ft) nor the Dash 8 Series 100 (span 84.97 ft) will fit.

Let alone have airframes capable of deck take-offs and landings!

Mr. Rich, the same advice as I gave to Colin! ;) Oh, and perhaps I can advise you about float / amphibian planes. Saves you the costs of a carrier, or a cruise ship. And I also like your pic :cool:;)
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think not.

It is a prequisite for a carrier-borne aircraft that it be able to operate within the size of the elevator on board.

Dude. It appears that picking my post, in order to make yourself appear more knowledgeable about A&P, or COMNAVAIRLANT, or whatever it is that you're trying to accomplish, seriously backfired on you. Otherwise, next time, you might wanna think before typing stuff over my posts.. ;)

carrier_01.jpg[br]

primary.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mr. Rich, the same advice as I gave to Colin! ;) Oh, and perhaps I can advise you about float / amphibian planes. Saves you the costs of a carrier, or a cruise ship. And I also like your pic :cool:;)

Yes, and thanks alot! There will be a couple more things I will put on the flight deck later on that have nothing to do with flying, I don't think. But, hey! We got cranes onboard, so we can put anything we want on here. Right? Maybe you wanna drive around after the transatlantic cruise?

:pilot:

drivearound.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Perhaps not. But it certainly is something anyone could see any day with modifications I could show de Havilland how to do with any part of their DH8B or DH8A fleet. I've always said it. A cruise up to the English channel and fly off to England or France. I doesn't matter to me. Or, head on up to Norway and rendezvous with the Hurtigruten cruise ship and transfer to it and go on to one of the fjords. I can take a picture of that too. :cool:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]208782[/ATTACH]

I tried a 747 once. The results were not pretty :rolleyes:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can't say I've even thought of such a thing. :confused:

I have issues....

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did n't know you were a philatelist Dave. :)

More like a tegestologist....

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ha Ha, I had to look that one up, I started doing that once when I was single living at home with my parents, I started to decorate my bedroom wall with them but gave it up after a while.

It was costing too much going in different pubs just to get the mats I hadn't got lol.

Ha Ha, I had to look that one up, I started doing that once when I was single living at home with my parents, I started to decorate my bedroom wall with them but gave it up after a while.

It was costing too much going in different pubs just to get the mats I hadn't got lol.

Ah, the single man’s life! LOL!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dude. It appears that picking my post, in order to make yourself appear more knowledgeable about A&P, or COMNAVAIRLANT, or whatever it is that you're trying to accomplish, seriously backfired on you. Otherwise, next time, you might wanna think before typing stuff over my posts.. ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]208787[/ATTACH][br]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]208788[/ATTACH]

Ayh the old "Show a film of a one-off event from the Sixties"

The true story is here:

https://theaviationist.com/2014/07/16/c-130-land-on-carrier/

Perhaps you can find a better example than this? Trials don't count. Especially when they involve a modified aircraft?

Ayh the old "Show a film of a one-off event from the Sixties"

Actually, it's showing you, and anybody like you, proof of the fact. What does the point in time of the plane landing on the Forrestal, shown in the pictures, have to do with anything, especially proving some sort of "point" that you think you are making? :confused:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Perhaps you can find a better example than this?

Newsflash, dude: I don't need a better example than this. The example I provided in this forum is unequivocal in regards to my original post. For some bizarre reason, you decide to link up a video that does absolutely nothing but iterate and support the very point I make. For what possible purpose? Again, you thought you would try to refute my comment, trying to make yourself appear more knowledgeable about the Navy, or aerodynamics, or whatever it was or is you think you're accomplishing, and you simply failed. Again. :rolleyes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived