Dassault MD-311 "Flamant" Peau-Bordeaux (FSX)

The Dassault MD-311 "Flamant" (Flamingo) is a light twin-engined transport plane, there was a need for an "Colonial Communications Plane" directly after WW2. First flight was in 1947, 325 were built, it was powered by 2 Renault Snecma 12 engines, they were withdrawn from active service in 1981. A virtual flight from Peau (South France, near the foot of the Pyrenees mountains near the Spanish border), to Bordeaux.

Here are real Flamants: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzPKSU4QDZU

FSX Gold incl. Acceleration

Freeware Dassault MD-311 V2 for FS9, works Ok in my FSX.

Freeware Peau airport scenery

Freeware Bordeaux 1960 airport scenery from Calclassics

Freeware Drzewiecki grass textures

Freeware HDE-V2 clouds

Please click on the pics to enlarge:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

The impressive Pyrenees at the back ground

11.jpg

12.jpg

Heading North parallel to the coast line

13.jpg

The rest of the flight in the reply*****

Edited by peer01
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pleas click on the pics to enlarge:

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Over the city of Bordeaux

17.jpg

The military part of the airfield

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

Thanks very much for looking again, I hope you liked the pics,

GREETS!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting looking aircraft! :cool:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gerard, David, Bob, Rick and Zipster: your comments are appreciated! :):)

Gerard: it's French, so you have to like it! :rolleyes:

Rick: I'm glad you like this bird (and the orange trim)

Bob: I can park lots of things in your garden, street etc etc :mad:

David: I really like this bird

Zippy: PAH!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The one I have is unpacked 40,2 Mb.:) Can't remember where I got it. :confused: Perhaps the Restauravia one, because I have all their planes..

Edit: checked it, I have the Restauravia one.

Edited by peer01
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Perhaps the Restauravia one,

Yes, http://restauravia.fr/index.html, a good site (French speaking) about all what is French vintage. Cheers and good weekend

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

That counts Zippy! ;) My father had an "Ondine", the luxury version of the "Dauphine", after that he had several Renaults: the "Fregate", and a Renault "16 TX". Great memories! :) My first car was a "Renault-4" (with brake problems.....)
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's one of my uncle who was Renault, and sons-in-law, etc. My father was better Citroën :):) I personnally only passed my driving license when 26 years old because I was in North Africa and found myself with no solution for my freedom of move :) Just to say that I'm not that cars. I appreciated when there, with hundred of miles with about no cars on the roads! But now in France, I mostly found no pleasure to drive
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

It's one of my uncle who was Renault, and sons-in-law, etc. My father was better Citroën :):) I personnally only passed my driving license when 26 years old because I was in North Africa and found myself with no solution for my freedom of move :) Just to say that I'm not that cars. I appreciated when there, with hundred of miles with about no cars on the roads! But now in France, I mostly found no pleasure to drive

Believe me, Gérard, I hear where you're coming from! I have driven in France:eek: the Southern region. Most of the places we stayed had good public transportation. Riding a train or bus was much preferred.

The car was a Renault Kangoo diesel.

index.jpeg

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Yes, mrzippy! I'm finally not a transportation fundamentalist! :) When a way is fine and agreable, I use it! When not, I pass to something else!