FSX real world weather

LanceK

I feel like I am on a deserted island with no one knowing where I am. I had issues with my FSX, which no one I know has interest in, and proceeded to uninstall it from my computer. At first it would not uninstall. with a little help from Microsoft, I got it to go. When I reinstalled it, I noticed that the real world weather was not updating. So I cleared the cache and not I get an error message telling me that I have no internet connection. During my research, I saw that Jeppesen does not support free weather info anymore. How can I fix this problem? I am about to uninstall FSX and all files for it from my computer and not ever use it again.Please help.

I am not that computer savy so what do I do with your info?

How computer savvy ARE you? Capable of switching a machine on savvy, or capable of installing a freeware download that will provide an alternative to Real Weather?

If the former, ask your computer expert to install the latter for you.

It's not your computer or connection. It's jeppesen. The real weather connection no longer works because Microsoft did not renew their lease. I took the plunge and purchased fs global real wx. It is an awesome weather program. I was already using Pablo Diaz's cloud textures (free download). I am also a real world pilot and this program is awesome;fs Global weather uses their own servers for weather. I will begin to post some screen shots showing their program.............. It's awesome and as real as it gets.

Simply no weather info coming to fsx from original site any more.

Nothing wrong your pc.

Download an alternative. Find a weather program for fsx. Install it on your pc. Run it while fsx runs too.

Options free:

-FsRealWX Lite

options you can buy:

-Active Sky

-Rex

if you can install fsx you can also install one of those.

Edited by il88pp
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have downloaded an alternate weather program called get weather but when I try to use it with fsx, I see that it tries to go through the fs2k.zone server. When I go to that server I get a blank screen.

I have downloaded an alternate weather program called get weather but when I try to use it with fsx, I see that it tries to go through the fs2k.zone server. When I go to that server I get a blank screen.

Bad choice of downloads! This program uses the Jeppsen servers which ain't doin' nothing for flight simulation anymore!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

As mentioned above, that program uses the same source as FSX so it works identically to FSX in-built weather. In other words, it doesn’t work. Use some of the other suggestions.

Mark Daniels

To use FsRealWx, you'll also need to download FSUIPC 4.9 or higher and you'll also need Net framework 3.5 (which should already be installed by Microsoft). It's been so long since I installed FSUIPC that I would be useless walking you through it, but follow the instructions EXACTLY. I had some problems getting it installed right if I recall correctly. When it's installed properly, you should be able to click on the tab at the top that says "Modules" and it will appear. It's freeware, but you may have to register it, not sure. I used to rebuild my computer every time a new version of flight sim came out, but I stopped playing for years and stopped learning how computers work, so the brain skills are rusty and gone. But if I can stumble through it, you shouldn't have a problem.

I have downloaded and installed the FsRealWX and it still doesn't work

Well that's strange.

I had it working in FSX and FSX Steam Edition.

And also P3D v1-v3 before switching to REX Sky Force for v4.

Can't be coincidence - What did you do to `install` it?

Be specific now - and don't forget your system specs.

What I mentioned was 'FSRealWX Lite' (notice, -LITE-).

The Lite version is a little hard to find online. But is available. And free.

It simply works.

There is also a 'rpm version. I say guite some posts describing problems with it, maybe because the rpm version does not exist very long yet.

The Lite version is all you need. It gives current weather just fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FSrealwx lite is an outdated version and is no longer supported.

I’m using REX now. FSRealWX was ok but I got tired of being bumped 10-15 degrees off course than back again. (Their idea of turbulence and wind shear. But at 30,000 + feet???) annoying as heck.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

all of these suggestions are greatly appreciated but it does me no good. Since I am not very good with computers, I seem to have done nothing but add stuff to my system, bogging it down and still no success. I am very angry at Microsoft for doing this and ruining my hobby. I am to the point of just deleting everything having to do with fsx off my computer and forgetting the whole thing. Thank you Microsoft.

A couple of weather programs won't bog down your system.

Not Microsoft's fault, the game is incredibly old.

Some users are reporting you can just click out of the weather error and go fly and it still works.

I don't use FSX but learned quite a bit last few days regarding FSX weather. lol

FSXWX appears to currently be the best way to head unless you go for payware weather.

Here is a tutorial video for installation:

Your choices are:

1. Either click out of the in-built weather error and see if it still works

2. Use FSXWX

3. Buy a weather program

I have FSGRW (link below) which works for FSX and isn't complicated to use. Active Sky is hugely popular for FSX but I have no idea how confusing the FSX version may be for you.

http://www.pilots.shop/cms/ui/pages/products/MainPage.aspx?id=253b8b5c-0a91-4935-8d01-b3c70aee6034

Mark Daniels

My two cents....I missed real weather enough until Mr. Zippy and others convinced me to let go a few bucks and purchase "Active Sky 16". I'm well pleased and have no complaints. Caught it on sale for under $30.00 and think of it as money well spent. Also, after installation (which was easy ehough) all you have to do is remember to start it before starting FSX. Like REX but much faster to load and better.