World of AI installer not working

Cjet123

I have a problem, whenever I try to download any world of ai airline package I always get this grayed out area over the selection of my fsx, why is that. Because of this im not able to download any aircraft. please helpScreenshot (5).png:mad:

I’m guessing but it looks like your registery entry that needs to point to FSX isn’t correct. There’s a tool to fix it for FS9, not sure about FSX. Someone else will know or google.

Yep.

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

It looks more like FS2004 is greyed out. (Because you don't have FS2004.)

(For me it is greyed out too, simply because I don't have FS2004 installed either.)

Click on the box "Flight Simulator 2004".

A drop-down box opens.

Then select the "Flight Simulator X" option.

(see below.)

------------------------------------

1 greyed.jpg

--------------------------------------------------

2 drop-down.jpg

------------------------------------------------

3 FSX.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking at the pic in the OP, where is he supposed to click?

Considering the multitude of posts of this same user, who’s trying new things and creating new problems before the old ones are solved, I think a fresh install (outside the programs folder) would be the best advice (an advice which I’m normally reluctant to).

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

It looks more like FS2004 is greyed out. (Because you don't have FS2004.)

(For me it is greyed out too, simply because I don't have FS2004 installed either.)

Click on the box "Flight Simulator 2004".

A drop-down box opens.

Then select the "Flight Simulator X" option.

(see below.)

------------------------------------

[ATTACH=CONFIG]208807[/ATTACH]

--------------------------------------------------

[ATTACH=CONFIG]208808[/ATTACH]

------------------------------------------------

[ATTACH=CONFIG]208809[/ATTACH]

Well I cant even click the box because its grayed out, is this because I have fsx steam edition

Well I cant even click the box because its grayed out, is this because I have fsx steam edition

Did you read my post and then StringBean's following it and try the link he gave you?

I just tried the installer, it works fine and recognizes my FSX installation. My registry entries are correct and nothing in the installer is grayed out.

Mark Daniels

Ok so I got world of ai installer to work, but now I face a new problem, whenever I am at Hong Kong international airport in fsx steam, my ai aircraft don’t appear on the ground, but they display noise, but no physical aircraft. Is this because I have the addon taxi 2 gate for VHHH

Ok so I got world of ai installer to work, but now I face a new problem, ...

Since the woai issue is resolved, you probably should open a new thread with a different subject heading.

Win 10 Pro, MSFS Premium Deluxe Steam, i7-8700, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1070ti, hardwired 950 Mbps, wifi 5 Ghz 50+ Mbps, Gsync 27-in 2560 x 1440 Dell monitor, Logitech 3D Pro joystick, and Quest 2 VR

My experience with WoAI has been that even though I tell it to use FSX as the target simulator, the flight plans are still being compiled in FS9 format by the WoAI installer. So I need to use AIFP after installing a WoAI flight plan in order to convert it to FSX format.

The problem here is that if there is one or more FS9 flight plans in your FSX installation, only the FS9 traffic will show. This is a known issue from way back, and very easy to fix using AIFP.

Jorgen

Jorgen, if you choose the FSX packages on the Woai site you get FSX Aircraft.

The trafficplans in them are fs9 type trafficplans, yes. But the aircraft are FSX type, and work just fine.

(for the fsx packages on the Woai site there are links to flightsim.com, and to Avsim.com. The links for the FSX packages to Flightsim.com do not always work. But the links to the FSX packages on Avsim do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok so turning off aircraft cast shadows on ground worked but is there any way to have my traffic still visible at the airport without having to turn off shadows

Two options:

a) get another addon for Chek Lap Kok, which doesn’t use the old groundpoly code.

Unfortunately this can only be checked by testing (buying?) it.

b) only use WoAI packages that offer an FS2004/FSX choice (and DL the FSX version, of course).

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg