What is the best AI traffic add-on (free or paid) for FSX?

I have been looking for some good FSX traffic add-on, and I've heard of all the popular ones like UT Live, WOAI, MT6, etc., but which one is ACTUALLY the best? (freeware or payware)

I've been an experienced FSX player for two years now, and an enthusiast forever. Be sure to check out my blog on here, I blog daily about everything aviation!

Specs: Windows 10, Intel Celeron CPU J1900 1.99 GHz, 1993 Mhz, RAM 4 GB, Intel HD Graphics

The "best one" is the one that more closely matches your "wants" in an AI package. If you can't list what you want, no one can tell you which is best for YOU. The means you need to read the descriptions and maybe make a little table/list of their features and get whichever one offers the best match to what you think you want.

My own experience with an AI traffic package may not be useful for you but I'll outline what I did...

While I was still flying FS9, I introduced a friend to the sim and he got crazy to have lots of local traffic for our region; he learned how to make flightplans for GA traffic and I made sure the airports he scheduled had enough parking for the flightplans to work. I bought Ultimate Traffic. It didn't have any military flights but it had pretty good world-wide traffic coverage. I added freeware military traffic, additional GA freeware traffic, a little chopper traffic and a little WOAI. When FSX came out I just copied the traffic files and aircraft over and kept right on going. I don't fly much with AI now because multiplayer has most of my attention but I still use those same aircraft and traffic files in 2 versions of FSX and 2 versions of P3D. I personally have no concern that the traffic isn't "current"; it's just window dressing for me anyway.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

I use Just Flights Traffic Global and have had no problems. I initially tried to use Ultimate Traffic Live but had problems with no ai traffic showing up.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Thanks guys! I think I might try UT Live, because I had tried JFs traffic 360 a while ago but it was outdated with poor models. Is Traffic Global better?

I've been an experienced FSX player for two years now, and an enthusiast forever. Be sure to check out my blog on here, I blog daily about everything aviation!

Specs: Windows 10, Intel Celeron CPU J1900 1.99 GHz, 1993 Mhz, RAM 4 GB, Intel HD Graphics

Just so you know my "wants" are high quality aircraft models, current liveries, and somewhat current models.

Then you want to go to AIG and download individual flight plans from there, and get the individual models and liveries as required. Models are available from FAIB (freeware), FSXPAI (payware) and other places, liveries from a lot of places.

It is granted more work than in getting a package like UT Live, but it is flexible and you keep it up to date yourself.

Jorgen

I might also try World of AI, because on flyawaysimulation.com they have all the airline packages.

You mean the liveries are outdated?

I’m thinking that’s what he means. Also the planes themselves. Example: Allegiant no longer flies the MD-80’s. Now they’re exclusively Airbus.

And Southwest has added the 737-800 series.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Oh okay, then I think I'll try Just Flight Traffic Global. Is it better than Ultimate Traffic Live or MyTraffic 6 though?

The woai packages are not that old. They all got overhauled and updated recently. The fsx packages now have pretty goodlooking aircraft models.

Woai has a nice easy setup, is free, and creates a lovely busy atmosphere around you at the airports. Also easy to make adjustments to. And easy to get help with, as everybody here uses it or used it at some point. Well worth trying out at least for a while.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh ok. Do they have the overhauled updated version of the woai packages on flyawaysimulation? (so that way I don't have to download all the airlines one by one)

Have you not yet looked at the WOAI site?

You should look the packages you want up on the WOAI site itself. Then click the download links (for the fsx packages! ) from there.

Use the AVSIM links. They have all packages, Flightsim.com links on the woai site are not always working.

(You'l need to join the Avsim library free membership before you can download.)

make sure you download the FSX packages.

This is a list on their site of recent packages. (Not from yesterday, but not ancient either. Understandable, as such complete packages, and checking of each and every plane shows at every airport is a lot of work. So is making models and textures.)

https://www.world-of-ai.com/packages.php

And this page is the Woai site's list of all packages:

https://www.world-of-ai.com/allpackages.php

Also on the Woai site you will find links to download the woai installer, and instructions about low to use the installer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay, will do, thanks! But won't that take a while to download all the airlines?

Oh wait guys, look at this!!!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1142129108

Now I set up every WOAI airline, current, with realistic sounds!! I'll stick with WOAI for now. Thanks so much guys!

Archived