Huge building blocking KSEA airport

Talk about a short field takeoff over an obstacle! :rolleyes: Landing is a "piece of cake!" (unless that building is planted in the middle of the property, hard to tell if the building is beyond the end of the runway?) Either way, it is a problem to be dealt with!

Rick :cool:

This may be hard to believe, that building is coming from a scenery addon that most likely has nothing to do with Seattle.

To eliminate it you need to do some process of elimination testing. Deactivate your addons in blocks until the building goes away. You will eventually determine which addon is the offender, we can then help you fix it.

The fastest way to test is to deactivate half of you addons. If the building goes away reactivate half of that first block, if it doesn't go away, deactivate half of the remaining.

If you have any addons for airports in India, I would start looking there.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

As a last resort ONLY:

If you have these two original files somewhere: Save your current TEXTURE and SCENERY files outside of the FSX app - then delete them in FSX and re-install those original files to FSX - see if that solves your problem.

I had to do that to fix a large area of badly messed-up Seattle area scenery a while back, esp. Port Angeles...

Talk about a short field takeoff over an obstacle! :rolleyes: Landing is a "piece of cake!" (unless that building is planted in the middle of the property, hard to tell if the building is beyond the end of the runway?) Either way, it is a problem to be dealt with!

Rick :cool:

That building does look about halfway down the runway. And Port Angeles is not in the vicinity of Seattle - it's 61 NM away.

Sean

'Glichy' controls or switches and don't want to pay for new ones? Read on... You can bring a controller back to life by exercising it through it's full range of motion or from maximum to minimum and back again 50 times. I had a Logitech joystick that gave left rudder without touching it but turning it 50X fixed it.

N33029:

Thanks for the geography lesson:

But I also had problems in the City of Seattle proper and beyond. mainly floating buildings all over. And it extended way out to Port Angeles which was unrecognizable and covered with grass...

Like I said, fixed it by re-installing the original the FSX Scenery folder...

This is not because of a duplicate airport. If it were a duplicate airport install, the buildings from both airports would be scattered through each other. But they would all be nicely touching the ground, not floating. They would also not be huge.

This object is from some different addon AIRPORT in a different area of the world. Disable your addon airports one by one to find out which one includes that object. THen either properly remove the whole airport. Or just the object library that has the object in it.

Do not overwrite or delete your main scenery folders. In there payware NON-airport scenery addons are installed, and overwriting would cause problems. (such as orbx, scenerytech, and your updated cloud textures.)

Also traffic from woai for example will be in there, and you don't want to lose that.

However, some addon AIRPORTS make you install one or two new files in the main scenery folder. (new filenames, so overwriting with a default file won't work.)

one such file could cause this too. So, do not only de-activate your addon airports one by one. Also, for each addon airport look up the .zip file, and read the install instructions in the readme.txt file to check if the instructions say something about placing a file in the main scenery folder or main texture folder. If so, find those files and temporarily uninstall them (by copying such a file to a folder on the desktop while fsx is shut down.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is not the default KSEA airport scenery in the screen shots. The building(wall) looks like the barriers placed in trial payware airport sceneries which can be removed by paying for the scenery.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

Archived