Help with Virtualcol SAAB 340/2000

Jim77

Hi all,

I just purchased the Virtualcol Payware SAAB 340 pack for FS9. There were no installation instructions, but I was able to figure out most of the installation:

* Effects content into the main FS9 Effects folder (all Vcol lights).

* Gauges: One Cabinet file into the FS9 gauges folder.

* Modules: One .dll file that I'll put in the main Modules folder later.

* Sound: No issue there, self explanatory.

Each of the 50 or so SAAB 340 texture folders has only 5 files; engines, wings, fuselage x 2, and miscellaneous. What do I do with the 39 files in the main 'Texture' folder? Some have 'sb340' or 'sb2000' in the name, so I imagine those go into the respective aircraft texture folders, either SAAB 340 or SAAB 2000, but what should I do with the other ones? Example 'vcolsbvc07'.

Thanks.

Guest Sascha66
I would put them into the aircraft texture folders first. If they don't show, I'd put them in the fs9/textures folder next.

Sorry for the delay.

Sascha66: Thanks, I had not noticed that 'Textures' folder in the FS9 main. That is where the generic aircraft files go.

bam1220: There is a virtual cockpit. The pack comes with 56 textures of the three SAAB 340 variants (SF340A, SF340B and SF340F) and 17 textures of the SAAB 2000. There's a Cockpit View with 2D panel, and the panel is pretty good. The SF340 and SB2000 panels are different. There's a Virtual Cockpit View with a little bit of windscreen frame visible on the bottom and right of the view. I'd rather it not be there, also, but it's not too bad.

I currently use Mike Stone's SF340 and BSMP SAAB 2000 (bsmpsa2k) (both freeware) with an add-on 'saab2kpanel2d' for both that I like. Overall I like the look of the Virtualcol SF340 aircraft over Mike Stone's, and I like the look of the BSMP SAAB 2000 aircraft over the Vcol. So, $14.00 isn't too bad for a bunch of SF340s.

Sorry for the delay.

Sascha66: Thanks, I had not noticed that 'Textures' folder in the FS9 main. That is where the generic aircraft files go.

bam1220: There is a virtual cockpit. The pack comes with 56 textures of the three SAAB 340 variants (SF340A, SF340B and SF340F) and 17 textures of the SAAB 2000. There's a Cockpit View with 2D panel, and the panel is pretty good. The SF340 and SB2000 panels are different. There's a Virtual Cockpit View with a little bit of windscreen frame visible on the bottom and right of the view. I'd rather it not be there, also, but it's not too bad.

I currently use Mike Stone's SF340 and BSMP SAAB 2000 (bsmpsa2k) (both freeware) with an add-on 'saab2kpanel2d' for both that I like. Overall I like the look of the Virtualcol SF340 aircraft over Mike Stone's, and I like the look of the BSMP SAAB 2000 aircraft over the Vcol. So, $14.00 isn't too bad for a bunch of SF340s.

So the SF340B does have a 2D panel? That's the one I am most interested in. If so I'll buy it. Thanks.

Archived