Fsx won’t appear after loading

Cjet123

Can't activate the link, BUT ---

I have a similar problem with FSX-SE at times. I have an Icon in my tray, but no display. SO, I hit CNTR-ALT-ENTER and it displays in full screen mode, nor menu bar. Hitting CNTR-ALT-ENTER again brings it into window mode successfully, no menu bar. Pressing ALT then displays menu bar.

It only happens randomly for me, but may help you ou. Can't hurt to try it.

I've had that happen a few times in multiple games that tried to immediately start in FULL SCREEN. Why not try a more gentle jump into flight;

you can start in the sim Menu and then go to a windowed display after the game is under way...

Insure that the following two parameters are set in the FSX.cfg (the copy in your users appdata\microsoft\FSX folder - not the copy in the install folder)

1 to Start in the menu instead of a flight...

in the FSX.cfg [sTARTUP] section, set SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1 (the "create a flight" menu window)

2 Show a Windowed display first

in the [Main] section, set Maximized=2 (a maximized window)

(0 is the 'restore' size window, 1 is Full Screen )

Save the changes then start the game.

3 once in the startup menu go in the settings section, make sure the display is set to your screen's optimum size/resolution - this display size selection only applies to Full Screen mode anyway. After the flight is running in Windowed mode, ONLY THEN press Alt+Enter to go into Full Screen if you want that display.

If this doesn't fix it, and you haven't built a new fsx.cfg, trying that and these changes could also help.

Good luck.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

ok I finally got my fsx working, but now I want download an aircraft to fsx steam but for some reason on step 3 below of installation guide it say download these textures, but I looked in my default fsx a321 folder but the files are not there. please help.

1) unzip toma333.zip folder to a suitable folder, your desktop for example.

2) copy the sound and sound.ai folders from your default FSX Airbus_A321 into the new Tom_A330-300 folder.

3) copy the following files from your default FSX Airbus_A321/panel folder into the new Tom_A330-300/panel.330 folder:

airbus_a321_panel_background.bmp

airbus_a321_panel_background_night.bmp

Airbus_A321.cab

do not copy other files from this folder!

4) copy the following files from your default FSX Airbus_A321/texture folder into the new Tom_A330-300/texture.DR folder:

Airbus_A321_1_C.dds

Airbus_A321_2_C.dds

Airbus_A321_3_C.dds

Airbus_A321_4_C.dds

5) repeat step (4) with Tom_A330-300/texture.NW and Tom_A330-300/texture.QA as new targets.

6) move the entire Tom_A330-300 folder into your FSX aircraft folder.

7) Unzip all files from the lighteffects folder into your FSX/effects folder

THERES A STEP BY STEP INSTALATION MANUAL WITH PICTURES IN PDF FORMAT IN THE MANUAL SUBFOLDER. LOOK FOR MFP.PDF

The default airbus 321 \texture folder contains 22 files - including the ones you are looking for.

folder.jpg

If you do not have all 22 files, you NEED to do that Steam equivalent of a "repair" and let Steam restore the missing files - then you will be able to continue following the given directions.

I suspect you're simply looking in the wrong folder.

\Texture has 22 files; all the other texture folders just have 7 files each - they share many of the files in that first folder.

Hang in there...you're making progress!

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

How do you do that repair your talking about

To verify your game files please do the following:

1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account

2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen

3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen

4. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu

5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box

6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu

7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options

8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download

9. Restart Steam

10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

ok I finally got my fsx working, but now I want download an aircraft to fsx steam but for some reason on step 3 below of installation guide it say download these textures, but I looked in my default fsx a321 folder but the files are not there. please help.

3) copy the following files from your default FSX Airbus_A321/panel folder into the new Tom_A330-300/panel.330 folder:

airbus_a321_panel_background.bmp

airbus_a321_panel_background_night.bmp

Airbus_A321.cab

You are looking in the wrong place.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

NO I’m not, I looked in my fax a321 folder and under texture, and the files weren’t there

fax a321?? How about FSX A321? If you are missing textures in that folder, how does the default A321 look when you choose to fly it? Does the cockpit look normal? Does everything look normal at night?

If you are having trouble typing in the forum, I'd hate to see what's happening when you edit something in FSX!:eek:

Do you guys recommend me reinstall fsx steam edition and see if that gives me my default files back.

See post #11 Verify your game cache. That should fix any missing or corrupted files.

I did do the verifying of my game files like you said but nothing appeared in my texture folder, and my default as21 looks just fine, everything works and the cockpit works. I just don’t no why I don’t have those texture files in my default as21 folder

I did do the verifying of my game files like you said but nothing appeared in my texture folder, and my default as21 looks just fine, everything works and the cockpit works. I just don’t no why I don’t have those texture files in my default as21 folder

Just to be sure...you are looking in SimObjects/A321/texture folder and not in texture.2 or 5 or any texture.number folder? Mine has the 20 .dds files plus the texture.cfg.

texture.JPG

Looks like all of the files needed from that texture folder are there! I noticed that you should probably go in your computer to Control Panel/Folder Options/View and put a mark in "Show Hidden Files and Folders" and then unmark "Hide extensions for know file types".

You are not seeing the.bmp or .dds at the end of the file names, but they are there!

OMG, go back and reread what I posted.

The files you are looking for are in the panel folder.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived