Ai flight plans

tim1261

Hi, normally you only have to put the bgl-file in ...\FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery -the AIFP doesn't it for you?-

If this doesn't work there are mistakes at the bgl-file or the airport or the aircraft.

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

The three text files are what the bgl compiler uses to create the bgl file - that is your actual final product to be used by the sim.

The txt files, if you look in them, are created by the panels you interfaced with using AIFP. They can be anywhere, but AIFP has to be pointd to them in order to edit them.

The location of a bgl file can also be directed in AIFP - look at the path in the COMPILE window in AIFP. It should go where discussed - \.....world\scenery folder.

AIFP has directory "Browse" buttons to direct or find file locations. Pay attention to them.

This is a great progam. Practice with it making simple bgls with one small flight that you can just delete. It's worth the effort.

Don't forget (assuming you knew) that Traffic bgl files are essentially SCENERY files and work as long as they are in ANY active scenery folder (such as the default scenery\world\scenery folder). This means that you can use the same management techniques that are used on location scenery files.

My traffic files are grouped into folders \GA, \military, \custom,\test and turned on/off at will in the scenery library. This is especially useful if you do much traffic creating or modifying - the work-in-progress is kept in "test" until tested and finished and only then moved to a more permanent location. You don't have to keep turning scenery\world\scenery on and off or physically moving the file being worked on. And/or you can easily disable all OTHER traffic while you focus on just a single 'new' traffic file.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Also with AIFP if you don't have the target folder set to an active, then the flight Plan won't be read.

I was playing about with it not long ago and had the target folder set to a folder within AIFP and not to a the folder in the sim.

It was my mistake but at first I wondered why the flight plan wasn't working.

Col.

well my stupidity really,, wasnt compiling properly and wasnt at first getting the 3 text files OR compiling them to fsx..

*which i thought I was doing*

Forgive me,,,,, Im old..

now all I want to try is to place a C141 at YSRI

What can i say.... Im a RAAF fanatic

Hi tim. I see you got it already.

But I just remembered an older thread where I explained the steps with images. I thought it may help or add something.

Here's the link:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?289805-Created-AIFP-AI-Flights-not-appearing

it's an older thread. So the version of Aifp that I used there was also a bit older.

The latest Aifp version works pretty much the same.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived