Boeing 737-max 8 and max 9 article

Okay, 2 flight mishaps resulting in the Boeing aircraft to be grounded. With the second crash and what I was hearing on the news networks, my curiosity was getting the best of me! If you want to know more about this MCAS system Boeing included in their MAX 8 and MAX 9 aircraft, check out this really long article which came out after the LION AIR crash! It's an "eyeopener" for sure, but don't take my word for it. With the future investigations and findings, this article will probably make more sense in what they will be telling the public!

https://leehamnews.com/2018/11/14/boeings-automatic-trim-for-the-737-max-was-not-disclosed-to-the-pilots/

Like I said, this is very long, but informative!:rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

Completely unrelated I'm sure, but a strange coincident. I recently bought a very fancy 787 for P3Dv4 and on my first two flights the plane did exactly the same up/down movements - as the Ethiopean 737 Max reportedly did - as soon as I engaged the Autopilot. My 787 then went straight down and crashed. I had no trouble in manual flight. I tried hard to study the manual's 29 pages on the Autopilot alone, but never understood the way the AP did things I had not asked for. I saw our President make remarks about excessive flight automation, and I am sure he is as knowledgeable as I am (LOL!), but we may be on to something.

As I am an old idiot, I never figured out why the AP did some unexpected things, so I was able to return the plane for a full refund, but if the investigations show that the 737 MAX accidents had to do with the AP, it would be really weird!

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

Archived