Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Peer Hoven ATC?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ColR1948 View Post
    Whenever I get another aircraft cut me up when I'm on finals I use ''Traffic Tools' and just delete it, you haven't deleted it from your sim just that particular flight, and/or use one of the traffic separator programs.

Col.
    Thanks Colin. This I why I like this site. Just an amazing amount of knowledge here! I need to look into that.
    FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Z400HP | Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU. W3570 @ 3.20GHz | 8.00GB RAM | NVIDIA Quadro FX580 | 64-bit Windows 7 Professional

REX Worldwide Airports HD
    AS16 + ASCA
    ORBX Global BASE

Hi! Fine all this! I didn't know the Traffic Tool trick (is that well the TrafficToolbox featured with the SDK?). Usually I just hit 'Y' and wait for the other plane to land and vacate
    Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flightsimg View Post
    Hi! Fine all this! I didn't know the Traffic Tool trick (is that well the TrafficToolbox featured with the SDK?). Usually I just hit 'Y' and wait for the other plane to land and vacate
    OK, what does "Y" do? I'm learning all kinds of stuff today.
    FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Z400HP | Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU. W3570 @ 3.20GHz | 8.00GB RAM | NVIDIA Quadro FX580 | 64-bit Windows 7 Professional

AS16 + ASCA
    ORBX Global BASE

First of all: all off my ATC staff members world-wide are amazingly trained and very carefully selected! second: that airport doesn't look familiar at all, means there is NO von Peerhoven employee there. Seems logical if I see the result. Besides that: I'm proud to see your reactions, like a true von Peerhoven graduate. I only miss the festival of nose-punches afterwards. Pity.

Edit: you can also change the time a few minutes, they will be gone.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peer01 View Post
    First of all: all off my ATC staff members world-wide are amazingly trained and very carefully selected! second: that airport doesn't look familiar at all, means there is NO von Peerhoven employee there. Seems logical if I see the result. Besides that: I'm proud to see your reactions, like a true von Peerhoven graduate. I only miss the festival of nose-punches afterwards. Pity.

Edit: you can also change the time a few minutes, they will be gone.....
    You have a point there. It was San Antonio, Texas. Bunch of Cowboys.

a von Hoven graduate?! I have finally made it!!!!!!!! Do I get a special patch for my signature line?? Please, please!

AS16 + ASCA
    ORBX Global BASE

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDSTRAKA View Post
    OK, what does "Y" do?
    It's the default slew toggle. That freezes your plane but let the surrounding world keep moving In that Y mode you can also slew your plane in either direction with the arrow keys or your joystick
    Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flightsimg View Post
    It's the default slew toggle. That freezes your plane but let the surrounding world keep moving In that Y mode you can also slew your plane in either direction with the arrow keys or your joystick
    I am familiar with the Slew Mode. I forgot it was the "Y" key. I haven't used it in a while. I also didn't know that everything else kept moving while in the Slew Mode. Thanks Gerard! That will definitely help in the future.

AS16 + ASCA
    ORBX Global BASE

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind66 View Post
    David - It hasn't happened to me lately, but I have been on a final, set up around 10-11 miles out. ATC already contacted, but not cleared for landing! I am just riding out the approach when a AI jetliner cuts right in front of me (hell, they have even flown right over me) at about 3 miles out, they contact ATC and are cleared to land, and like you, they tell me to "go around!!

Hi,

I don't recall the full details, but there is an order as to who gets to land first. That AI probably contacted ATC before you so it got clearded for the approach first.

And yes, I have this happen all the time at busy airports (I have lots of WOAI airlines flying around). And I have wake turbulence enabled in ASE. So I won't have my approach messed up and I will zap that AI with Traffic Tools... but the wake turbulence will still be there...

Regards,
    Dirk.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DirkDP View Post
    Hi,

I don't recall the full details, but there is an order as to who gets to land first. That AI probably contacted ATC before you so it got clearded for the approach first.

And yes, I have this happen all the time at busy airports (I have lots of WOAI airlines flying around). And I have wake turbulence enabled in ASE. So I won't have my approach messed up and I will zap that AI with Traffic Tools... but the wake turbulence will still be there...

Regards,
    Dirk.
    You are correct. He was cleared for the approach before me. ATC routed me closer and I intercepted the localizer before he did. They cleared me to land first. Then they cleared him to land (follow the aircraft in final). But went he overtook me, I was told to go around. After a 3 hour flight and dinner just about ready I just said the hell with it.

AS16 + ASCA
    ORBX Global BASE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast