mission: B-58 search

majky

hello,

Im recently having troubles with B-58 search and recovery mission. it loads (location and helicopter) but the mission itself wont trigger. all the other "sling missions" are without problems. I suspect corrupted files but Im too lazy to reinstall whole fsx. can anyone pls send me B58_Search_Recovery.FLT / .spb /. wx files from "c:\...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Missions\Pilot for Hire\B58Search" folder?

thanks in advance.

You should not be asking for someone to send you copyrighted Microsoft files. Would have been a good idea to have a backup copy of your FSX install on a thumb-drive. There is always the "Repair" option.

When you say the Mission won't trigger, what does that mean? Does it act like you are just flying a "Free Flight"...no Mission compass, No dialog, etc?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I shouldnt, ure right. I just gave it a try..

exactly. it acts like "free flight"

OK, acting like a free flight was what I was looking for. Now the big question....Have you deleted or moved any default aircraft from your Simobjects/Airplanes folder? The Missions use default aircraft for AI and if one is missing, then the Mission goes into "free flight" status.

well.. apparently I have made some changes which forbided the mission to trigger and I havent realised.

I just put my backup of Airplanes folder into work and the mission works just fine again. sending those files wouldnt help anyway..

Thanks a lot! :)

well.. apparently I have made some changes which forbided the mission to trigger and I havent realised.

I just put my backup of Airplanes folder into work and the mission works just fine again. sending those files wouldnt help anyway..

Thanks a lot! :)

Glad you got it going! ;)

It might be just the user aircraft in the mission that was changed.

Check to see if the user plane (helicopter?) used in the mission still has the same title= line and texture= line that it should have.

(so first figure out which texture is being used in the mission,

then check in the default aircraft.cfg file which [Fltsim.XX] section that is.

Then in your edited aircraft.cfg that wasn't working, check if the same numbered [Fltsim.XX] section has the same title= line and texture= line as the original.

Also make sure that in your edited fsx files that that specific aircraft's folder still has it's original name.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

no, that was not the issue this time, altough ure partially right:

problem was in that 737 AI which is landing at the south base. I renamed "title=" line for the "[fltsim.5]" entry with P-8 Poseidon I downloaded previously..

.. one more question though:

I "dared" to switch EH-101 for H-21C but the sling was no more available altough the entry for both slings (sling and hoist) are there in H-21Cs sim.cfg.

any thoughts here?

PS: I managed to overcome that by renaming "title=" from EH-101 into H-21, but still... Why is sling not there anymore after replacing EH-101 by some other heavy lifting heli?

The sling may be a 'mission object' which is only available in that mission, and only on the EH-101.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived