Video card issue..or something else?

jh1144

Hi, I know that shimmering, stuttering and flashing has been much discussed on this forum, however I can't find anything that directly relates to my problem.

I have a 3 monitor setup and I've been experiencing shimmering jerking and flashing with buildings and Horizons. I thought my driver needed updating ( but I don't have internet at home at the moment) so I took my simulator and updated my video card drivers at a friend's house. She has a nice new Samsung TV and once I got my drivers updated everything ran extremely smooth and flawless. I thought I fixed the problem but when I brought my machine back to my house I still have the same issues I was having. My system should be able to run fs9 very very easily, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Could it be a resolution issue? I am going crazy trying to figure this out. Any ideas? Also, I'm now getting an error message " error this adapter cannot render 3D Graphics in this windowed mode. Changing your desktop settings may enable it to do so."

Thank you for any ideas!

HP Pavilion Premium Gaming Desktop, Intel i5-7400 Processor, 8gb RAM, 1TB HDD, 3GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 Graphics, Bluetooth, HDMI, Windows 7

So the common denominator here seems to be your GPU or the connector.

Does this happen on all three screens?

Sorry, I should have said that I only use one screen for my cockpit view. I have an overhead panel screen and then I have a GPS screen. So it's not like the video card or processor is pushing three screens of maxed out visuals. Not sure if this makes sense or matters.

HP Pavilion Premium Gaming Desktop, Intel i5-7400 Processor, 8gb RAM, 1TB HDD, 3GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 Graphics, Bluetooth, HDMI, Windows 7

At this point, the graphics are so bad, fs9 is unplayable. Why would this be happening....? I've played with resolutions... mip mapping qualities dont affect anything? Regardless of anything I do, nothing seems to change....

Could I maybe have an fs9 file that is not in the right place and thus causing is to be jerky and blurry....

I also wondered if the screen resolutions and the program fs9 resolutions could be conflicting somehow... So weird... 😟

What happens if you disable 2 monitors and just use one? How does FS look and perform?

I tried it with one monitor and it's a smidge better, but not much.....

Did you run it in the same mode at her house as you do at yours? Try using Alt Enter to change modes. Since the error message mentioned windowed mode that makes your desktop resolution and video settings critical. Any difference between her desktop resolution settings and yours? Any difference in the video settings?

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Did you run it in the same mode at her house as you do at yours? Try using Alt Enter to change modes. Since the error message mentioned windowed mode that makes your desktop resolution and video settings critical. Any difference between her desktop resolution settings and yours? Any difference in the video settings?

I am using a TCL TV that I purchased last year. Her TV is a brand new state-of-the-art Samsung. Between her TV and mine all I did was bring my computer home and plug it up

Making no changes

I wonder, when I update my video card does it somehow interface with the current monitor that I'm using to give best effects?

I wonder, when I update my video card does it somehow interface with the current monitor that I'm using to give best effects?

No.

You have tried running FS only in windowed mode?

Try running only one screen in full screen and see if this fixes it.

Check you have screen resolution set in FS to that of your TV.

Do you have any other games you can try to see if they are displaying correctly?

Mark Daniels

Archived