Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FS9 - Installation problem

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by leonard1 View Post
    There is not a fsx9.exe listed in processes.
    It sounds like it's never run. If you know where to check for your FS9.cfg, it's worth checking to see if there is one there. I don't think you will have one unless the program has run at least once.
    If it hasn't run at all, that would be very strange. Are you sure you have used the correct NOCD? There would be a 1.0 floating around as well.
    In your opening post you said you were asked to log in as administrator. When exactly did you get that message? Was it when trying to launch FS9 for the first time by clicking on the icon after it was already installed or did you get the message before you actually completed or did the installation?
    Mark Daniels

2. Default

I cannot find this FS9.cfg.
    I have Fs91_nocd.zip installed.
    I hav not used FS9 in several years and then in Win XP.
    In 2015 I had to buy a new computer with operative system Win 7.
    Now. For a week or so I tried to install FS9 and after a complete installation, I double-clicked the Icon to run the program, I´ve got this message, "run as an administrator....
    LG

3. Default

Now. For a week or so I tried to install FS9 and after a complete installation, I double-clicked the Icon to run the program, I´ve got this message, "run as an administrator....
    LG
    Appears to be a permissions issue. If there is no fs9.cfg confirms it's never run. Sometimes a program can run in the background but it appears this isn't what is happening. That's why I asked you to check the processes running on your machine to make sure it wasn't actually running.
    By right clicking the FS9 icon and running as admin should've allowed you to run it.
    That hasn't worked either so something is going on.

I would next now definately install FS out of the default location.
    As pointed out in this thread, the installer will give you an option to install FS wherever you want it installed on your PC.
    Best way is to select the C drive and install it there under a folder you could create and call say C: FS2004.
    If that doesn't fix it, then it will be a permissions issue that likely needs to be sorted out through Windows itself.
    If that happens, I can provide you screenshots to show you how your settings should look.
    Mark Daniels

To find things very quickly, download Everything from www.voidtools.com

It's the fastest desktop search engine out there, & will find as you type.

5. Default

Hello Mark, I have now installed Fs9 in the specific folder in C drive, but still it won´t open.
    LG

Ok, Checklist!

Have you installed the 9.1 update?
    Have you installed the nocd 9.1 patch?
    have you right clicked the fs9.exe & selected Properties, Compatibility mode XP??
    Have you clicked Run as Administrator at the bottom of the page?

Without the above, it will not run!

7. Default

Hello Mark, I have now installed Fs9 in the specific folder in C drive, but still it won´t open.
    LG
    Right click the FS9.exe file in the main FS folder.
    Select "Properties"
    Open the "Security" tab
    You should see a "System" and also an "Administrators" listing in the top window
    When you click on one of these, in the bottom window they should have the "Full Control" option checked.
    Let me know if yours is like this.
    Mark Daniels

8. Default

LG

" I have Fs91_nocd.zip installed."

Can you explain ? how you have installed this ? where have you installed it.

if you have not done this correctly it may explain why your Fs9 wont start.

andrew

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HoratioWondersocks View Post
    " I have Fs91_nocd.zip installed."

Can you explain ? how you have installed this ? where have you installed it.

if you have not done this correctly it may explain why your Fs9 wont start.

andrew
    lol

He says it's installed, if there is nothing wrong with the permissions, it's an incredibly strong possibility it is not installed.
    Mark Daniels

Just a double check... You did copy & paste the nocd patch into the FS2004 folder & it DID overwrite the default installed FS9.exe?
    You then did right-click the newly installed fs9.exe (the nocd patch) & did do the compatibility & admin thing?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast